Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Re: [Domino Traveler] can't reply to emails

We had 2 devices so far that had been upgraded to 4200 and both stopped. We put a halt on any users updating theirs further until we resolved as we didn't want the problem spreading.

The users included the MD so was  major priority.

We ONLY had to upgrade the Traveler server (and Traveler version) to 9 - no other servers need updating. You don;t even need to propogate the version 9 template design out if you control replication.

You do NOT need to upgrade the mail templates, etc - this looks simply to be an issue with BES 10 and 4200 not able to correctly work with Traveler 8.5.3 while does with Traveler 9.

However this is a good example of why Traveler should be run on a separate server if you can.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

PaulBenwell wrote:

We had 2 devices so far that had been upgraded to 4200 and both stopped. We put a halt on any users updating theirs further until we resolved as we didn't want the problem spreading.

The users included the MD so was  major priority.

We ONLY had to upgrade the Traveler server (and Traveler version) to 9 - no other servers need updating. You don;t even need to propogate the version 9 template design out if you control replication.

You do NOT need to upgrade the mail templates, etc - this looks simply to be an issue with BES 10 and 4200 not able to correctly work with Traveler 8.5.3 while does with Traveler 9.

However this is a good example of why Traveler should be run on a separate server if you can.

thanks for confirming this

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

OK thankfully I do have a separate Traveler server (like you, I prefer to isolate functionality, for my own peace of mind if nothing else!! : )

As soon as I get management OK, I'll do the server upgrade and report back here (likely Tuesday, due to Labour Day this weekend)

Thanks for all the feedback and info so far!