Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Users use various models
My Carrier: Swisscom

E-Mail Problems with Blackberrys when outside of own Country after Upgrade to BES 5.0.3.41 with Exchange 2010

Hello everyone,

the company I work for is supporting users who are based in Switzerland. We installed a new domain because the company was sharing a domain with another company. The new domain includes an Exchange 2010 Server and we installed BES 5.0.3.41 with SQL Server 2008 R2 x64 Standard Edition (BES and SQL on same server). Both servers are running on Windows Server 2008 R2.

Users were successfully activated on the new BES server and everything works fine as long as they are in Switzerland.

However, some users have to travel to other countries and rely on their Blackberrys to stay connected and since the migration users are unable to send or receive emails as soon as they leave Switzerland.

The following is an example of two users who are currently in China:

-E-Mails can only be received when they connect to the hotel wifi.

-The Blackberry indicates that 3G is enabled and has reception.

-They have confirmed that the last time they were in China (before we moved them to the new BES) everything worked fine.

-No changes have been made to their mobile contracts. Their provider is Swisscom and the troubleshooted with them for about an hour, trying out all kinds of connection and roaming settings as well as removing the battery for a minuten and insterting it again. Nothing seems to fix this problem. Their contract allows roaming and data connections outside of Switzerland.

I checked the BES for any settings preventing users from using data connections when they are outside of their own country but I couldn't find anything. The old BES used the standard IT Policy (I was not responsible for BES before the new server was installed) and so does the new one.

Does anyone here have a clue what the problem could be?

Weird Bonus Problem:

-The first day the users were in China they exchanged two text messages and since then these messages are automatically sent and received both ways approximately 100 times a day. This is not something other users were experiencing when they left Switzerland so I'm not sure this has something to do with their inability to send or receive emails when they leave the country.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: E-Mail Problems with Blackberrys when outside of own Country after Upgrade to BES 5.0.3.41 with Exchange 2010

It still sounds like a roaming datapalan issue since they can get emails on wifi.

Does it work in any other countries? I know that it is hard to test if none are there.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Users use various models
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: E-Mail Problems with Blackberrys when outside of own Country after Upgrade to BES 5.0.3.41 with Exchange 2010

The problem is not exclusive to China. The same situation occurs when users travel to Germany. I can't imagine that it is a coincidence that the problems started after we configured the users to use the new BES. Is there a setting in BES that would limit roaming capabilities? I'm grasping at straws here. Swisscom claims it has nothing to do with their service, China Mobile denies any troulbes with their service so it's down to the BES.
Different users with different BlackBerrys are experiencing these issues (except the test message ping pong).
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Can they send and receive PIN to PIN messages over 3G?