Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: vodafone
Accepted Solution

EZ Pass questions

[ Edited ]

Hi all, we have alot of bes 5 licenses and still use bes 5, I have the trial of bes 10 installed.

We recently had an email about upgrading licenses to bes 10, I wondered would I be able to upgrade the licenses whilst we are still using bes 5?

I don't want to miss out on the free upgrade. Also how do I upgrade all of the licenses as there of loads of separate license codes?

Will upgrading the licenses stop bes 5 from running?

Many thanks

Contributor
My Device: N/A
My Carrier: N/A

Re: EZ Pass questions

Hi, you can apply for the EZ Pass BES10 licences and use them in conjunction with your existing BES5. Strictly speaking you'll be breaking the licensing terms if you exceed the total number of devices, but AFAICT there is no cross-checking, the BES5 and BES10 servers run separately, with separate licensing schemes.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i used all of mine on BES 5 and 10  to do that with EZ Pass

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: cytamobile vodafone

Hi

I have a question about ez pass. We have bes express running with lotus notes.

Recently we moved to mobile iron. We now want to move back to bes 10. Are we eligible for ez pass?
We have done the the online application but we haven't heard from blackberry yet.
Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Koodo

Hi @Patatah 

You are eligible :smileyhappy: 

When did you complete & submit the form?

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!

Follow me on Twitter or Google+ and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Contributor

Hi @Tyw
Yes we did complete the online form and submitted our mobile iron licences but we haven't heart from BB yet, not even a confirmation email.
Contributor

The form was completed last Wednesday or Thursday.
Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Koodo

Thanks! Can you send me a private message with your company name, and the email address that was used when you submitted the form? 

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!

Follow me on Twitter or Google+ and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog