Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Snozberry
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

Email attachment appears on Blackberry, but doesn't appear in Outlook...

A user received an email yesterday which contained an .xls file which opens without issue on his Blackberry.

The same email in his Outlook account (we're running Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 if that's relevant) had no attachment. He sent it on to me, and I too can see the .xls attachment on my own Blackberry but it's not attached to the email message in my Outlook account. I saved the .xls file on the phone and emailed it to myself, this time I could see and open the attachment in Outlook.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Trusted Contributor
Fooled
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9700

Re: Email attachment appears on Blackberry, but doesn't appear in Outlook...

I'll save you the pain I went through to figure this out, and point you to this article:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2011/04/21/mixed-ing-it-up-multipart-mixed-messages-and-...

New Contributor
Ailios
My Device: Not Specified

Have this problem too but did not find the response link helpful. I need something that educates me. I need to know how to fix it so it stops happening. Could someone give me/us a solution?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Ailios wrote:

Have this problem too but did not find the response link helpful. I need something that educates me. I need to know how to fix it so it stops happening. Could someone give me/us a solution?

Could you please give some details on your environment please.

Exchange version

OS version

CDO version

BES version

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
MisterGriffiths
My Device: Not Specified

and Outlook Version?

You will also notice you can view the attachment in OWA.