Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Reply
Contributor
airok
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
My Device: 9700

Enroll profile sending error.

Hi,

 

When i tried to activate iOS, after typing the username and activation password, i got redirected to a page on communication module which says "Enroll profile sending error. Pelase, contact your administrator."

 

Any one has ever encountered this before?

 

 

Many Thanks!!!

Contributor
airok
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
My Device: 9700

Re: Enroll profile sending error.

i checked the communication log and found error exactly as mentioned in this document

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB31093&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

 

 

 

But even though i followed carefully the workaround in the document, i still can't activate any device successfully.  and same error logged in the communication log

 

any help would be much appreciated 

Contributor
curried
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎05-01-2012
My Device: Z30

Re: Enroll profile sending error.

Hi,

 

I'm taking a stab in the dark here but it really just sounds like a certificate issue.

 

After reading the KB you referenced - "The reported CA certificate can be find by Thumbprint value on the Core module server and has different Thumbprint on the Communication module."

 

Have you checked that the thumbprints are the same for the two certificates?

 

I could be wrong, but it sounds like for some reason your certificate is not being installed correctly or the certificate that you requested is not correct for some reason?

 


Contributor
airok
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
My Device: 9700

Re: Enroll profile sending error.

i'm very puzzled about what caused it too ... but i have followed the steps in the KB and checked that the RIM UDS CA Certificate on Communication module and Core module are having the same thumbprint already.

 

thanks!

 

Contributor
curried
Posts: 17
Registered: ‎05-01-2012
My Device: Z30

Re: Enroll profile sending error.

Have you tried the resolution listed in KB31537?

 

In other words, have you installed a correct APN Certificate?

Contributor
airok
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
My Device: 9700

Re: Enroll profile sending error.

Yes, i applied an new APN.  In the UDS, the status of APN is "installed".  The .pfx certificate was installed under "Personal" store in the core module server.  Also granted "authenticated user" the "read" permission.

 

Please let me know if i'm missing anything else. 

New Developer
geh_dirt
Posts: 31
Registered: ‎12-14-2009
My Device: Bold (9650), Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

Re: Enroll profile sending error.

Airok... any luck with this problem?

 

I am experiencing the same problem.  My APN appears to be fine... I am running all of the UDS pieces on the same server, so KB31093 does not apply to me.

 

Also looked at KB31352 and KB31152, but neither of them apply either.

 

I have submitted a ticket to RIM, so if you haven't had any luck, hopefully they will be able to help me.:Sweatdrop:

 

****
I love it when things don't work the way they are supposed to, because then I get to fix them.
****
Trusted Contributor
Fooled
Posts: 226
Registered: ‎07-07-2010
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9700

Re: Enroll profile sending error.

I had the same issue and it was the mismatched cert on the core and communications servers.

It could also be the external cert that you are using for the SSL.
Contributor
airok
Posts: 16
Registered: ‎06-25-2012
My Device: 9700

Re: Enroll profile sending error.

i was using a certificate generated by our internal CA that time , and i couldn't figure out what's the problem at all... 

at the end i used a Verisign SSL certificate and everything worked

New Developer
geh_dirt
Posts: 31
Registered: ‎12-14-2009
My Device: Bold (9650), Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

Re: Enroll profile sending error.

 

My issue was caused by my "Wild Card" SSL from GoDaddy.

 

The configuration process of the UDS install, did not like my SSL and could not reconcile the domain name I was using with the SSL, so it did not set up the IIS configuraiton correctly, and it also did something very funky...

 

When the SSL is imported, during the configuration process of the UDS install, the "Thumbprint" associated with the SSL is written to the database.  For some reason, it used the "Thumbprint" of the "Intermediate" certificate instead.

 

In order to resolve the issue, I had to manually change this value in the database... which is not recommended or supported... but it did work.

 

When I build my production environment, I will buy a new SSL that is specific to my UDS web site.

 

****
I love it when things don't work the way they are supposed to, because then I get to fix them.
****