Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
Rheaume99
My Device: z10
Accepted Solution

Enterprise IM and Lync 2010

Having problems logging in with my mobile devices. This is a new install.

When I try and log in using the Enterprise IM app on the z10 I get "The server is currently unavailable, Please try again later" I'm not sure what to be checking.

Our Lync 2010 install also has an EdgeServer. The Collabration service is pointing to the internal pool.

Any help would be nice...I feel like I'm almost there...

thanks

Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB

Re: Enterprise IM and Lync 2010

Hi, did you find a solution? Have the same issue here. Increased log level to 100, and tried it with the debug log level setting, but seems is only available for the 5.0 Collaboration Service.

I cannot even see a connection in the BBIM Log, only the connection to the MDS and that the session is established, but then a "user disconnected" logline.

New Contributor
Rheaume99

No I haven't. I will post once I find one.

I'm figuring that it might be a trust issue between the BE10 server and the Lync server. but I'm not sure.

New Contributor
rivkisz
My Device: Z10/Q10

[ Edited ]

Contributor
roys
My Device: Blackberry Z10

I've had a ticket open in this issue with Blackberry support since May 24, when 10.1 and the client was released.

I have had sucess with the IM client on the BES 5.x side, but no joy with BES 10.1.

I have sent in logs from the BES and from the Z10 and the connection issue still exists and there is nothing to go on to troubleshoot this.

What I can tell you is that a connection is not establised when the Collabration Services are started. When I did a Wireshark trace on my BES 5.x side a connection on TCP 65061 will be established from your BES 5.x server to your Lync Server or Pool. Once this communication is established, then a SIP-TLS connection is made and your clients should be able to access the Lync server.

When I run though this on my BES 10.1 server and cycle the Collaboration Service, I don't see any connection attempts from BES 10 to my lync server. The BBIM logs however tell a different story and state the same information as I would see in the BES 5.x BBIM logs.

If you check your BBIM logs, after a BCS service restart, search for items after "BBCS] Invoking remote OCSC method, configureConnectorProperties, by sending request:smileyembarrassed:"

Are you able to setup Wireshark on your BES 10.1 server and watch the  traffic between it and your Lync Server/Pool to see if there is any traffic being exchanged?

I've asked BES support to follow up with R&D and the product Manager for the EIM application to follow up any of their customers that have attempted to setup this app against their Lync server to see if they've had any sucess.

Did you open a ticket with support? I would like to reference this with them against my ticket to show them that the BCS add-in is broken even though we've gone through the provided instalation document and installed the required pre-reqs.

Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

I'm assuming that you've installed an SSL cert on the server running the BBIM service that contains a CN that matches the Lync pool name and Subject Alternative Name entries for each BES10.1 server?
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
New Contributor
Rheaume99

The cert was created and inplace.

I'm figuring that the connection is between the bes and Lync server is happening because if I change the name of the Lync pool, the BCS won't start. So there must be some communication between the two.

Contributor
roys

Yes, I followed the same procedure for BCS on BES 5.x.

The certificate is setup the same and is valid. I find it strange that I cannot see any traffic leave the BES 10.1 box destined for  the Lync 2010 server.

Contributor
roys

Were you able to setup a Wireshark trace to watch the traffic between your BES 10 and Lync servers?

New Contributor
Rheaume99

Yes. I didn't see any traffic between the two during the restart of the BCS service.