Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
ntkrishna
My Device: Blackberry 8920

Error 3007 : Server is not avaliable

Hi,

I am trying to get my device connected to UDS Service.

When i try to connect my server it says : Error 3007: Server is not avaliable. Please try again later or contact your administarator.

We can able to reach communication port via telnet (443).

I have used internal CA Certificate , is this could be a problem ?

Regards

Krishna

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Error 3007 : Server is not avaliable

Hey ntkrishna,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

To resolve this issue follow the steps in this KB article: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB31923

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
rameokirby
My Device: Z10

I also get the 3007 error when trying to activate iOS devices as well as "Error 3006 - Your device cannot be activated at this time. Please try again later or contact your administrator" when trying to activate Android devices.

Error 3007 activating iOS devices

Error 3006 activating Android devices.

Any ideas or tests I can perform for  connectivity ?

Enterprise SME
-BD-

I've seen this error when there is an issue with the SSL certificate used for the communication site.  Can you go into IIS and try to manually browse to the site.  If it is working correctly you should get a message that the site declined to display.  If there is an issue with the cert you will get an error.

Contributor
rameokirby

-BD- ; Thanks for the help.  When browsing while within IIS, I get an error of "The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address".  When I try to connect through a browser to the DNS name of the website, it correctly doesn't display (as opposed to getting a certificate error)

At least I think this is what should be happening as the FQDN of the server hosting our UDS server is different than the DNS name of the server.

The DNS name "UDS.ourcompany.com" is the same as the website name for the communications module in IIS "UDS.CommunicationModule".

Am I right in my setup here, or should I have made the FQDN of the server match the DNS name ? 

Any other ideas or test I can try ?

Enterprise SME
-BD-

It should be matching the public dns name of the server since it will be the smartphones connecting to the server thru it.  The ssl cert bound to the website would need to have either it's subject or the SAN match that public dns. 

Sounds like you just need to reissue that certificate and then reinstall the communication module to swap them out.

Contributor
rameokirby

-BD- ; Thanks again for the reply.  I might have been unclear in my first reply.  The cert DOES match the DNS name (but not the FQDN).

so, when I connect to https://uds.mycompany.com:443, it works as expected (does not display).

If I connect to the communication module web page from within IIS, it uses the FQDN to do that, and I get a cert name mismatch. (also as expected)

So, I think my certs are fine, but am still getting the 3006 and 3007 errors.

Enterprise SME
-BD-

Some of the other things I would look at are firstly is the COMM log getting created?  This will at least show that traffic is reaching the server from the device and you can check it for any other errors.  If using an internal CA have you copied the root cert to the device.  IOS will block access to any secure sites if it doesn't trust the cert path.  What do the device logs show when trying to activate.  You can view the device logs through the Iphone configuration utility. 

New Developer
Ukabuke
My Device: Not Specified

I'm having a similar problem - but intermittently.  Most users - iOS and Android - can connect without issue.  But every now and then I get a device that won't get past the "enter your MDM address" page.  Once the address is entered, it clocks , then spits out the 3007 error.  So obviously my SSL certs are correct, or all users would fail.

I'm running UDS 6.1.1

Mobile Fusion Client = latest

Any ideas on this one?

Shaune

Contributor
ts03145692
My Device: No BB

Re: Error 3007 : Server is not available

I have seen 3006/3007 errors when having network issues on the server side.  Specifically, my firewall will applied incorrectly and start blocking the incoming connections.  When this happens my devices get those errors.

One method I use to troubleshoot this is to monitor the server with Wireshark.  In my case I would look to see if the incoming connection would reach the server.  In your case, you might want to see if you can identify traffic when the issue occurs.  Maybe these connections are being reset for some strange reason (latency or the like). This may not be practical for you if the issue is very intermittent.  Does it happen with a certain set of users or at a common time?