Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
rickroepke
My Device: Blackberry BOLD

Error 4103 Activating BB: would exceed the maximum licenses

BES 10 server with trial CALs

When activating phone, I receive an error that activation failed.  In the event log on this Win2008R2 sy stem,the following error shows in Application log:

Event ID 4103

Source: BES - EMWS

The description for Event ID 4103 from source BES - EMWS cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Enrollment failed because it would exceed the maximum licenses, device PIN:  333B3B6C

Wondering why the 'Enrollment failed because it would exceed the maximum licenses".   I don't see any other reports of this message.

I attempted to load the  CAL authentication key provided to me during trial registration, but it is rejected as not valid.

Retired
LoneWolf902
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, Bold 9900

Re: Error 4103 Activating BB: would exceed the maximum licenses

Hello rickroepke,

Thank you for your question regarding BlackBerry Enterprises Service 10 Licenses. 

Can you confirm if this is BES 10 or BES 10.1?

In BES 10 Client Access Licenses were added in the BDS BAS console, in BES 10.1 all the Client Access Licenses are added through the BlackBerry Management Studio console. 

Can you confirm if there are licenses available in either scenario?

Let me know if you have any other questions.

- LW

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!