Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
TCRath
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

Error 'An error was encountered getting the application information from BlackBerry World.' occurred while trying to add BlackBerry World applications

Hello,

we've got the following error 'An error was encountered getting the application information from BlackBerry World.' if we try to add the BlackBerry Work Drives to our BDS with this link http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19576122. (BlackBerry solution management->Software->Application->Add BlackBerry World Applications).

If we trying to add a Java/Android application like this one (http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/68966) we've got the expected error 'The specified application could not be published. Java and Android applications are not supported. Please correct the entry.'. So it looks if the BDS successfully established a connection to the BlackBerry World.

Is there a log file where we could figure out the reason for this error? Or did anyone knows a solution so solve this error?

The installed Version of the BDS is 6.2.0.36.

Kind regards,
Wilke

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Error 'An error was encountered getting the application information from BlackBerry World.' occurred while trying to add BlackBerry World applications

i dont think you have the whole link for the app

mine shows as

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19576122/?countrycode=US

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
TCRath

Re: Error 'An error was encountered getting the application information from BlackBerry World.' occurred while trying to add BlackBerry World applications

Thanks for your quick reply, but the link does not work either.

I think the link suffix '?countrycode=US' is only for the browsers to display the contend in the right way like 'lang=us' for the preferred site language.

New Contributor
bb_user_id

We had the same issue but were able to get around it.  It turns out our firewall stripped off some of the http headers.  Creating a bypass filer resolved it.

New Contributor
TCRath

*YEAH* Problem solved. It was exactly what bb_user_id posted. Thanks a lot.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

and what firewall are you using?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
TCRath

We're using WatchGuard XTM 510 firewalls.
firlionel

Had the same issue; setup is cable connection + LTE connection - got around the problem by routing the BES traffic through the cable connection (instead of the LTE connection as it usually goes).

New Contributor
bstent
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Iphone4 w/ work space

We also had the same issue.

Allowing the below headers that were being striped by the watchguard firewall fixed the problem.

X-APPWORLD-MIN

X-PAYMENTSDK-MIN

X-APPWORLD-VER

X-CLIENT-CONFIG-VERSION

X-CLIENT-DATA-VERSION

X-PAYMENT-CONFIG-VERSION

X-PAYMENT-DATA-VERSION

X-PAYMENTURLS-CONFIG-VERSION

X-APPWORLD-SIG

Thanks!