Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
BBMatt
My Device: Q10
Accepted Solution

Error Finalizing BES 10.2 Installation

Windows 2008 R2 64bit Fresh install of 10.2 I've got past adding SRP installation and license info, I'm at the last step (presumably) and receive the error message. "An error occurred and the setup application could not install the Core Module. The Core Module is required to complete the installation process" etc. etc. I've checked IIS and has the UDS.CoreModule site created, started etc. The account I use for services has local access to log on as a service and batch job etc. I've checked a few articles regarding .NET permissions etc So I'm stuck and looking for suggestions. Screenshot here: http://postimg.org/image/g4864p33h/
Many BlackBerry's in
New Contributor
BBMatt

Re: Error Finalizing BES 10.2 Installation

ok, found one similar solution upon reviewing logs http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB34268&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d... un-installing / cleaning up IIS and trying again
Many BlackBerry's in
New Contributor
BBMatt

And still no go
Many BlackBerry's in
New Contributor
BBMatt

Removing WEBDAV did it - installed fine now.
Many BlackBerry's in
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

thanks for posting your solution with  us

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor
EdFilimonov
My Device: Blackberry Administrator

Same error while upgrading BES 10.1 to BES 10.2.

In our case the solution was to go to IIS Manager, choose the server name -> View Application Pools and to change both UDS.CommunicationModule and UDS.CoreModule to .Net Version 4.0 in the Basic Settings section.

Rerun the installer and the installaion proceeded succesfully.