Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
mjozwiak1856
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Error adding users to BES 10

The BlackBerry® Administration Service was unable to create the required external authenticator for the user.

I get this error when I go to add any users.  I had no issues on the installation and it seems like everything was installed properly.  Any place I can look would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Error adding users to BES 10

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mjozwiak1856

I have tried that, but I still get this error...

[com.rim.bes.basplugin.activedirectory.ActiveDirectoryManagerBean] [WARN] [ADAU-2004] {u=1, uc=0, o=0, t=2715} _findLinkedUserByExchMasterAccountSID could not connect to Active Directory forest denoted by domainSID=0105000000000005150000007f5f7d6c344ee602c4462651.  Please add the required login domain to the Microsoft Active Directory Integration.

I have removed that attribute like it says above, but still getting this error.  I have Blackbbery Support working on it right now.  They were able to open a ticket, but no resolution yet.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

let us know what support finds

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mjozwiak1856

It did boil down to that error, but for some reason, I changed something and didn't apply the changes when I removed the attribute it says.  The fix is to make sure in AD, that under the account having issues, make sure under the Exchanged Advanced tab under Mailbox Rights, that user name in questions has the box unchecked for the Associated external account, then hit apply and make sure you close out.  I must not have hit apply or closed it right.  Made the changes again and no problems.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I have clicked on cancel a few times instead of ok

its even move fun to figure out when you think you did it right the first time

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.