Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: BB 10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Error when adding Blackberry World Applications to BES 10

I am receiving an error when I try to create a software application package for my BB10 devices. Under Blackberry Solution Management, I select Software, Applications, Add BlackBerry World Applications, I paste in the link to Password Keeper (https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/20108290/?countrycode=CA , for example) or Work Drives and click Next. I get an error in red - The Request Could Not Be Completed.

My Firewall admin and I did some research... Even though I have this server configured to use the proxy in IE and the "netsh winhttp show proxy" command on the server reveals "myproxy.networkname.ca:8xxx" so this server should be using the proxy to attempt to connect to appworld. It is for some reason attempting to go straight out through the firewall as we can see it in the logs. Am I missing a proxy configuration somewhere?

Any help would be appreciated.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Error when adding Blackberry World Applications to BES 10

there should be no proxy for BES to access BalckBerry world.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks, for the reply... Is this documented anywhere? Did I miss it? My FW admin is going to need it to allow my server straight out through the firewall. I prefer supporting documentation.

New Contributor

I guess the bigger question is does anyone have their server configured to go out through their proxy successfully to access BB World for published applications?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

New Contributor

No authentication required on our proxy, the server should be using it but it just won't.
Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi thomsop

i had the same problem adding the app "BlackBerry Work Drives" to a software configuration. I found that the link i have pasted was not in the correct format. This should work:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/20108290

regards,

BackBone2k