Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Exchange 2010 - BES Permissions

Hi all,

Long story so I'll try to keep this as condensed as possible.

We are in the process of migrating from Exch 2007 to 2010, and I am the BES(5.0.3) admin but not Exchange admin.  Load balancers were just added in front of 2010 as well (Kemp I believe).  As a note: with not being an Exch admin, I am frequently not immediately privy to changes that are made by our admins in 2010 (until something impacts BES).

What is strange is that all of a sudden when people are moved (usually around 12 people a night) to 2010, OTHER users (seemingly at random) that were previously moved to 2010 get a status of "Failed to Start". From what I understand, when adding a new store to 2010, you must re-apply permissions for the BES sa. This is usually the problem we see, as well as the resolution.

My question then is, does anyone know of any other related "instances" in exch 2010 where permissions would need to be re-applied for the BES sa?

Thanks!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Exchange 2010 - BES Permissions

There are a few things that can cause it. permissions is on of them and yes they need to apply it to new stores and hopefully AD replicates it fast enough before they start moving them.

One that usuallly stumps a few is NSPI limits on 2008 DC, it can cause the same thing.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17325

Also what is BES using for GC and LADP lookups? if pointed to the wrong server or one that wont be replicated quick users will fail to start.

Next time it happens run this test on the affected user

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/25747/Verify_Win_account_access_to_Exchange_usrs_61...

Double check permission according to this if possible

KB02276 - Assigning permissions for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account

just in case

KB15582 - BlackBerry Enterprise Server might not work correctly in Microsoft Exchange environments w...

to help understand the service account

What is the BESAdmin service account?
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Solution/What-is-the-BESAdmin-service-a...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V