Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Forums Advisor I
freakinvibe
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: Exchange 2013 support for BES and BES Express

I haven't read that but I guess it will happen the same time they drop BES 5 full version. For all the new BB10 devices you will need the new BES (called BDS at the moment, will be re-branded to BES10 next year) or you can use the native ActiveSync without any server, but less Enterprise features.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: MTN

I understand. I need to make a decission and inform one of my clients as they have a BES Express server for 30 users and might not go forwrd with BES server. You said that the BB10 devices will connect with native activesync which I know works like a dream but what do you mean when you say without Enteprise features?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

No BES Policies, no Routing over MDS Connection Service, No Application controls/push... All you have on your BES (Express) is missing.
If you do not use a server, you have to connect them directly to your EAS Server which means it has to be publicly available (or using VPN if it will be supported)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: MTN

Perfect, that makes sense... Enjoy

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Phantom1988
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: KPN

Hey all!

I just found this post on the BB blog below :Yes:

http://bizblog.blackberry.com/2012/12/blackberry-enterprise-server-and-microsoft-exchange-2013-what-...

Does anyone know when this will be compatible and if it will also work with Blackberry Enterprise Server Express?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

snip

Exchange 2013 customers will need to install Microsoft’s updated MAPI/CDO Download for Exchange 2013 for compatibility upon release by Microsoft

Looks like it will be ok for both when CDO is available

check here too

Blackberry Enterprise Server compatibility chart
http://us.blackberry.com/support/software/server_compatibility.jsp#tab_tab_compatibility

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CWKuhr
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Well having the MAPI/CDO release is not enought.. RIM has to release a new installer that will be able to create a profile with Outlook Anywhere settings.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

CWKuhr wrote:

Well having the MAPI/CDO release is not enought.. RIM has to release a new installer that will be able to create a profile with Outlook Anywhere settings.

I dont under stand. Can you explain why

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CWKuhr
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

The new MAPI/CDO will require different parameters that did not exist in previous verisions. Basically it needs to creaate a profile using Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTPS) to connect to the Exchange 2013 server.  The existing installer for v5.0.4 does not do this (i have tried).

Unfortunately RIM  is not very forthcoming when the new version will be available, but since the new MAPI/CDO is not going to be officially released by MS until Exchange 2010 SP3 is released, I would not expect for RIM to release their new version until then.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

News from RIM about the support:
BlackBerry Enterprise Server support for Microsoft Exchange 2013 - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33406

How to configure the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to leverage RPC/HTTP for Microsoft Exchange 2013 - http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33413
Please use plain text.