Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
RobSin
My Device: Not Specified

Exchange upgrade - Cannot login with old server offline

Hi I had  BES 5.03 with MS Exchange 2007.  We recently upgraded to exchange 2010, following the migration instructions provided RIM.  http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB22601&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Everything has been fine until I decided to repurpose the old exchange server.  Before unintstalling exchange and dcpromo'ing the server I simply shut it down to test everything before wiping it out.

When the server was shut down, everything was fine, all blackberry devices work as expected.  I did run into one major problem.  With the server offline, I'm unable to access the BAS.  I get the invalid username or password error.  When I turned the server back online, I was able to successfully access BAS. 

I've verified that the MAPI settings correctly point to the new server and check name correctly underlines the besadmin account.

There's obviously something that I'm missing.  Can anyone offer any insight?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Exchange upgrade - Cannot login with old server offline

Where is BES installed?

Did you move the BASAdmin account to 2010?

Did you try rebooting BES with old server offline?

Did you chang the windows services log ons for each BES Service?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RobSin
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Exchange upgrade - Cannot login with old server offline

bes is intalled on it's own dedicated Win 2008R2 vmware server

All mailboxes and roles have been moved off the server.  Exchange Services on the old server have all been set to disabled

Rebooted the server several times

all services on bes logon as domain\besadmin

Please use plain text.