Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Filing folders in Alpha order

Francis_Begbie wrote:

That's sad really. I like to have many different options to chose from when considering a purchase, but if BB keep on torturing their customer base by crippling the email function (which is, let's face it, BB's primary USP), the company will quickly go the way of the Dodo...

well maybe they will offer a fix in a later OS release, I dont think BlackBerry will be going away for a long time. People have been saying it for years and they still have 2 billion in cash on hand. They also dont make just phones, there is a lot more in the auto industry, space, trains, power plants and more that BlackBerry is involved in. To access this website, your data may have traveleld through a QNX switch used by Cisco at major datacenters.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,906
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Francis_Begbie wrote:

That's sad really. I like to have many different options to chose from when considering a purchase, but if BB keep on torturing their customer base by crippling the email function (which is, let's face it, BB's primary USP), the company will quickly go the way of the Dodo...

Really, you're "tortured" because you can't sort folders on your email server in alpha order.

Let me ask... when you login to your email server, are they in alpha order? Can you sort them by alpha or date created?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Francis_Begbie wrote:

Hi JSanders,

thanks for your efforts to help me out. However, I meant something slightly different.

I am trying to 1) remove emails from my sent items and put them into e-mail folders A, B, or C. (When I am in any other e-mail folder I have the option to move a mail into another file; only in the sent items that function has been omitted.)

Correct this is not something people usually do but a few requests i have seen over the years for it.

And 2) I want my e-mail folders A, B and C to show up in that order. Not in the order A, C, B, just because B was the latest one created.

Do you mean in hub for email accounts or the mail server folders? I just looked at EAS and BES and all folders are in alpha numeric order on both of My BES Z10, EAS Z10 and my BES Q10

updated some info

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
JSanders

knottyrope wrote:

Francis_Begbie wrote:

Hi JSanders,

thanks for your efforts to help me out. However, I meant something slightly different.

I am trying to 1) remove emails from my sent items and put them into e-mail folders A, B, or C. (When I am in any other e-mail folder I have the option to move a mail into another file; only in the sent items that function has been omitted.)

Correct this is not something people usually do but a few requests i have seen over the years for it.

And 2) I want my e-mail folders A, B and C to show up in that order. Not in the order A, C, B, just because B was the latest one created.

Do you mean in hub for email accounts or the mail server folders? I just looked at EAS and BES and all folders are in alpha numeric order on both of My BES Z10, EAS Z10 and my BES Q10

updated some info

Just the thread title.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Francis_Begbie
My Device: Q10

HI J,

thanks for your tenacious support in this topic. I don't know what you mean with when I login to my email server. I never use web mail. Just Outlook and the email clients of Apple devices and my BBs. first some Curve then the Bold and now the Q10. The Q10 is the only one that would put an email folder named "invoices" before the folder "finance" just because of the date of creation. Once you have 50+ email folders for different projects and clients it becomes really annoying to have to search where that folder is located. I just don't understand how this happened but it's frustrating.

cheers,

Please use plain text.
JSanders

so, is actually sorting the folders in order of date of creation of the folder?

You are certain on that?

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor
-BD-
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

This is a known issue with folders created after the account has been added to the smartphone.  All existing folders when you integrate an account will be in alphabetical order.  When you create new folders they will be sorted by creation date.

If you have folders out-of-order and it is really bugging you delete the integration and then readd it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Francis_Begbie
My Device: Q10

Exactly BD, the ones created before BB setup are OK. the ones after are just added to the bottom.

It's unbelievable that this wasn't picked up in the first possible update. But hey, back to the accustomed BB user policy of sitting back and hoping that things will turn out for the better.

Thanks to you and J Sanders for replying and providing solutions.

cheers

Please use plain text.
JSanders

Hey, good luck. Hopefully that can be fixed, seems to be something that can be easily included in a future update.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.