Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
tvieson
My Device: Not Specified

Force Prepopulation

I'm currently undergoing a carrier switch and part of this requires that I switch out a little over 150 BlackBerry users. Right now I'm having our support staff use the switch wizard via the webdesktop which backs up the current device, restores to the new device, then performs an enterprise activation (well it automatically pops up after the switch wizard completes).

While this is great for individuals here in the office, it doesn't work for our remote users. We run a locked down IT environment and do not deploy desktop software. Instead of deploying desktop manager for these 70+ remote folks I've seen an option on other forums. However this fix always says something like, "Works on 4.1.5" or "This worked for me on 4.1". My fear is that something will go wrong as I am running BES 5.0 on Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 SP2. Any issues with setting the following key on BES 5.0:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Agents]
"ForceMsgPrepopOnActivation"=dword:00000001

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Force Prepopulation

I am asking someone that might know the answer to this.

Stay tuned

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.