Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
markmoon
My Device: Blackberry 9930
Accepted Solution

Fusion ActiveSync Profile

I am trying to figure out how to work with profiles in Fusion -  Universal Device Service.

I created a basic profile "template" for ActiveSync. It basically has the name of the profile and the web address of my Exchange server.

When I activate my phone with Fusion it downloads the profile and the phone asks me for a password. No matter what I type the phone will not take the password. When I go into the profile on the phone the profile only shows the web address. The username is blank. I am guessing this is why phone does not activate with ActiveSync.

I created a profile with all the fields entered in for a specific user and after I enter in my password on the phone ActiveSync works fine. The problem doing it this way is I would have to create a profile for each of my users.

Is the correct way to create a profile for each user or is there a more general config I can push out for ActiveSync.

Thank you for your help

Please use plain text.
Contributor
leigh28
My Device: did have a BlackBerry Storm 2

Re: Fusion ActiveSync Profile

You can use variables like %UserName% etc. I think some of these are listed in the Admin Guide for UDS.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
markmoon
My Device: Blackberry 9930

Re: Fusion ActiveSync Profile

I missed that.

username is %Username%

Email address %UserEmailAddress%

Works great. Thanks

Please use plain text.