Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

Fusion Update to BB Enterprise 10

[ Edited ]

So, now that BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 has been announced I have a couple of questions.

1. Will the Fusion licenses we currently own work with BBES10, or do we need to trade them for new ones?
  2. Can an existing BDS or UDS server be "upgraded" to BBES10, or do we need to start over?

Not seeing any info of this sort on the BBES10 site at http://ca.blackberry.com/business/software/bes-10.html

I'm assuming that BBES10 is mostly a rebranded version of Fusion, however now that we have Fusion up and running it would be nice to know what's involved in updating it to the current code.

Update: It looks like some of the existing Fusion docs have been updated and are referring to BBES10 as BDS v6.2 so presumably it's just an update like any other.

Thanks

----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Regular Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Fusion Update to BB Enterprise 10

I've installed the new Fusion, it still says Mobile Fusion Studio. I haven't upgraded BDS yet.
Super Contributor

Re: Fusion Update to BB Enterprise 10

I updated all the components today and it's basically just an update to the existing Fusion code. The management consoles are rebranded as BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10. No issues when updating.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a