Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
briank
My Device: Storm 9530 v5.0 (platform 4.2.0.128)
My Carrier: Verizon

Getting "Kicked Off" our BES

[ Edited ]

I have the Storm 9530 which I upgraded to the 5.0 OS.  Through work we are on the BES.  Ever since the software upgrade I get randomly "kicked off" the server and can't receive email.  Everything else on the phone continues to work and sync with my desktop.  From the email point of view - the messages I send from my desktop show up as "sent" on my phone; however, the new messages I receive on my desktop do not show up on my phone.  The problem is completely random.  After I reactivate - it could be days, weeks, or even a month before I get "kicked off" again.  Each time it happens I log a call to corporate IT and they reset me in the system.  They don't have an answer as to why this is happening.  They would like me to do a hard reset of the phone to see if it fixes the problem.  Before I do that though - I thought I would post the question to see if you all had a solution.  Your insight would be greatly appreciated.  If you have additional questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

BK

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,840
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

Re: Getting "Kicked Off" our BES

A "hard reset" of a BlackBerry involves nothing more than leaving the device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

That could help and it could solve your problem.

What do you think they consider a hard reset? Wiping the device completely and reloading the OS?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
briank
My Device: Storm 9530 v5.0 (platform 4.2.0.128)

Yeah - they wanted me to wipe the device clean and start completely over to "fix" the service books.  Our corporate IT thinks this is the problem...

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
BBAma
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: M1

They can just resend you you're service book instead of performing a wipe.

Unless your blackberry admin starts investigating why you kept getting 'kicked off' from the server, we won't know why. It could be as simple as somone removing your account from the server.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Logvin
My Device: Curve 8900

Check to see if your Folder Redirection has been messed up. I've had this happen plenty of times back in 4.1.6 time frame, but ive had bad device code do it too.

On your device, go to messages, options, email settings, menu redirection, and check if Inbox is checked or not.

If it is, uncheck, save, go bck in and check again.

========================================
I take off my robe and wizard hat...
Please use plain text.