Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Visitor
xactit
My Device: Torch 9800

Help with BES 5 on Exchange 2010

Hey Folks,

I have a new SBS 2011 server (with Exchange 2010) and just installed and configured BES 5 on it.

Everything seemed to go OK.  IEMSTEST checks out OK and I have double checked all permission requirements.

I have added our first BB user to the BES admin console and set the activation password.

When entering the e-mail address and activation password on the device all it does is "Contacting server...."

Eventually I will get "The Blackberry Enterprise Server has not responded to your activation request.  An error may have occured"......I can't get past this.....

Some additional info:

I have wiped the BB device in question.  I thought since we migrated from SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 the device may have had some settings related to the old SBS03 server.

Each time the device tries to activate I get a Blackberry message in my Outlook with ETP.DAT attachment.  Each time the device retries I get the attachment so the device must be communicating with Exchange at some point....again this is when I hit Activate on the device.....not from BES.....

Thanks for any help you can provide...

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Help with BES 5 on Exchange 2010

is the etp dat file being processed by BES or staying in the mailbox?

if staying, then BES cant access the mail box or you have too many etp.dat files that need to be removed.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V