Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: BES
My Carrier: MTS

Help with Migration

Here is what I currently have:

OS=2003

BES= 5.0.3

I need to move the data from the old to a fresh new install

is there a guide to help me out?  i want to move to a new 2008 server and a fresh install of BES, but avoid having to reactivate all current devices.

is this possible?

Deuce

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Help with Migration

local or remote data base?

do you have T support? If yes then get a migration kit.

how may users?

Mail server version?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Local BD

No Support

xchg 2010

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

do you want to start with a new database?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

is that possible without having to re-activate all the devices?

Guru III
My Device:

yesit is possible to do, you can do a bulk mode with transporter

if BES is running fine, it isnt needed to have a new database and I would do a knife edge cutover

KB10278 - How to perform a knife-edge cutover for BlackBerry Enterprise Server software

Contributor

Currently BES is working, however I am unable to access the Blackberry Admin Service Web console.  so I am unable to do an add/remove/changes.

I also would like to clean it up as there are a ton of errors in the event viewer.  so i figured a new install would clean up those issues.

Guru III
My Device:

Problem is you dont have a second SRP. So you can only use bulk mode and move them all in one shot.

Are you on Full BES 5 or BES Express 5?

you can use BES Express 5 as a middle man but will require 2 moves per user.

Maybe we can look at your current issues and fix them instead.

Restart BAS service, wait 5 min and try to log in. then look at BAS AS logs

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

Contributor

I am scared to restart anything...just go it working to send and receive emails Smiley Happy

will BAS affect any other resources?!?

BTW THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

BAS restart wont affect anything else.

What did you do before to get it working?