Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: 5.x
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: High memory usage on Blackberry 5 server

Disable Active-Sync for each user until they are approved to use their own device on your network. That way there are no surprises like the one you experienced

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

eguidry wrote:

Disable Active-Sync for each user until they are approved to use their own device on your network. That way there are no surprises like the one you experienced

so i should disable their current EAS device? they already have the cfg file to set up their current phone

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

No, this would, of course, need to have be done in advance of users provisioning devices without your consent.

Its much harder politically to take something away once they have it, but you could do it at any time if your company has a policy about such things.

I personally would disable problem devices if they provisioned without permission.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

eguidry wrote:

No, this would, of course, need to have be done in advance of users provisioning devices without your consent.

Its much harder politically to take something away once they have it, but you could do it at any time if your company has a policy about such things.

I personally would disable problem devices if they provisioned without permission.

agreed and have wiped a few of them then got the call of where are all my xmas vids

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

Disabling Active Sync for a user prevents any further communication with your exchange server and that device. Wiping their device on the other hand IS likely to get them hopping mad

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Wow... talk about necro thread hijacking...
Guru III
My Device:

My Device: Curve
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Please limit the SQL memory on the server to 80% of the total available memory.

Guru III
My Device:

nickperf wrote:

Please limit the SQL memory on the server to 80% of the total available memory.

what steps did you do to enable this?