Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
SergeyL
My Device: Q10
Accepted Solution

How to activate Android's mailbox on BES 10

Hello,

I've installed Blackberry  Enterprise Service 10 and activated Android cell phone there.

"Administration Console for Universal Device Service" shows Android without any issues, however on  Android's blackberry client I can see only email profile with 'setup' option. Where is mailbox ???

Does anybody know how actually setup exchange mailbox there?
(I am using default policy and Active syncsetting for multiple users on BES 10)

Thank you 

Super Contributor
swotam
My Device: Z10

Re: How to activate Android's mailbox on BES 10

Unless you are using the Touchdown email client on Android, you need to manually setup the ActiveSync connection after you have activated the device. BES10 will not automatically set this up for you, that only works on iOS.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Contributor
SergeyL

Is there any option to do it automatically with Touchdown ?

Contributor
SergeyL

OK, finally I've installed 'TouchDown' and re-activate Android phone.

At this time it installed mailbox (mail, calendar, contacts, etc) automatically, based on the configured in BES 10 profile. :Clap:

New Contributor
Adam6gales
My Device: Android

Hello, I'm finding a strange issue that my administrator cannot solve.
On a Samsung Galaxy SII with Android 4.1.2 I install BES10 (and the three other apps), activate device without problem, but when trying to configure email I'm prompted for user and password, I enter the correct data (when using wrong user/pass I get error message) and instead of going to email interface I am prompted again for user/pass.
My administrator did the test with a Galaxy SIII and it works for him, but not for my colleague also with an SIII.
When you mention Touchdown do you mean on the Android devide, within the BES10 environment or on the Exchange server?

Thanks for comments.
Contributor
SergeyL

Hi,

I've used Touchdown  to setup email account on Android device within the BES 10 environment. However, it also using activesync to connect Exchange server.  You can try to setup email account via activesync directly to exchange server and take a look what will happens.

Sergey

New Contributor
Adam6gales
My Device: Android

Hi Sergey,

sorry if I insist.

First of all: are you the administrator of the system or a user (smartphone)?

I am a user, trying to get it work with my administrator.

I tried installing Touchdown within the BES10 environment (on the smarthpone) but it gets installed on the normal Android environment.

Within BES10 there is one email application already.

I tried as you suggest to setup the email account via activesync to the exchange server (attention: our exchange server works only for Blackberry, therefore the use of BES10). Once configured and pressed "Done" it shows the "fetching server policy" screen and then "Account setup: Client does not support the protocol version".

After many trials in my opinion the BES10 setup should work, just there is some bug or version incompatibility related only to the email client.

How do you see it?

Thanks.

Adam.