Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
gharouff
My Device: 9630
Accepted Solution

I.T. Policy challenge (App World Settings)

We currently have Enterprise 5.0.3.31 I have created a new I.T. Policy and wanted to restrict access on the App World.  Now I can turn on/off complete access to app world with no issues.  But when I start set category restriction rule to Deny.  AND set the Category Restriction List to 113,9,93 (Action is 113, News is 9, and Fitness is 93) and the policy is pushed out I am still able to access these categories.

I also tried disable application purchase to yes and I am still able to purchase items.

My BlackBerry software is 4.7.  The appworld software is 2.1

Also does anyone have a list of all the applications and their respective category numbers?

Forums Advisor I
bbinmyhart
My Device: Z10

Re: I.T. Policy challenge (App World Settings)

Pre-requisites:

This rule applies only to Java-based BlackBerry devices version 5.0.0 and higher

New Contributor
gharouff

I was told that the OS version 4.6 already has java 5.0. How can I find the java version on my BB?
New Contributor
gharouff

My issue was that I did not take the next step and actually tried to download from the restricted area. My thought was IF I can SEE the APPS then I can download the APP. This is NOT THE CASE.