Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
jfarkas
My Device: Storm

I have 1 user that his BlackBerry only keeps like 1 days of mail and then it starts deleting it off his BlackBerry..

I have 1 user that his BlackBerry only keeps like 1 days of mail and then it starts deleting it off his BlackBerry..

I have never seen this before.  I see all his mail in his Exchange 2007 Mailbox but on his BlackBerry it only has email from 2:01pm today to now.  Then tomorrow, yesterdays email will be gone.  I had him ttoally wipe his BB and we did a sync and he still has the problem.

Does anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: I have 1 user that his BlackBerry only keeps like 1 days of mail and then it starts deleting it off his BlackBerry..

few things to try.

Since it was wiped, can you wipe again, then remove user from BES and also remove files from mail system when asked.

Then add user back to BES and activate again.

other option would be to move mail box to different mail store before activating to clean up any issues in the mailbox if there are any.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
jfarkas

Re: I have 1 user that his BlackBerry only keeps like 1 days of mail and then it starts deleting it off his BlackBerry..

I actually did delete the user but I didnt choose " Yes - Delete the user and remove the BlackBerry information from the user's mail system" because I was thinking it was going to wipe his Exchange mailbox data.

So choosing " Yes - Delete the user and remove the BlackBerry information from the user's mail system"  Only removes BB Info stored in the BB Database?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

jfarkas wrote:

I actually did delete the user but I didnt choose " Yes - Delete the user and remove the BlackBerry information from the user's mail system" because I was thinking it was going to wipe his Exchange mailbox data.

So choosing " Yes - Delete the user and remove the BlackBerry information from the user's mail system"  Only removes BB Info stored in the BB Database?

It removes the BB backup, which would be restored upon activation.

SO if you dont remove it, the issue can come back.

It is also stored in a hidden folder on exchange, and knot on SQL.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
jfarkas

Thank you very much for the info.  MUCH appreciated.