Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
DoBoy
My Device: BES 5

IOS App update when??

So took me a few days to get the Fusion server up and running, with a new cert and all that. And then i get ready to test and guess what? App is bugged and does not accepts hyphens in the URL?? so now i have to wait for Apple to sign off on the new version. 

Any idea how long that will take, all my server is doing now is running our of evaluation days... Its simply unacceptable to not have a working App to test with.. Quality testers really screwed the pooch on this one.

Forums Advisor I
oliwer
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB

Re: IOS App update when??

Hi,

we have also customers which are not able to activate the new client anymore (yes, it already worked until the last version). my last information is from September 25th that RIM send a fixed version to Apple. Thats two weeks ago and I hope that it will really be released soon.
Contributor
DoBoy

Does anyone have any idea when this will be up and running?
Contributor
dcolpitts
My Device: Z10 & 9780

I have an open ticket with RIM on this.  I'm told by one of the developers that as of yesterday (Monday, Oct 16, 2012), the updated app was re-submitted at around noon eastern time to Apple, as Apple rejected the previous submission that contained the bug fix.  I was also told that as of yesterday, Apple is taking approximately 8 days to either approve or reject updated apps, so look for something around Tuesday, October 23.

Having said that, if you happen to have a copy of "Mobile Fusion 6.1.0.ipa" in "C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Music\iTunes\Mobile Applications", then you can delete Mobile Fusion off your device, and use iTunes to install version 6.1.0.  This will allow you to registered your device with UDS.  The down side is that when you go to update the Mobile Fusion in the App Store, it will require the Apple ID credentials of whoever originally downloaded it in iTunes.  To determine what that Apple ID may be, open "Mobile Fusion 6.1.0.ipa" with 7-Zip, and extract iTunesMetadata.plist to your desktop.  Then edit iTunesMetadata.plist with your favorite XML editor (i.e. Notepad ++).  Search for the appleId key, and the string immediately below the appleId key will be the Apple ID that "Mobile Fusion 6.1.0.ipa" is signed too.

I've verified that this procedure will allow you to register with a UDS server that has multiple hyphens in its FQDN, and I also advised the RIM developers yesterday how to do this.

dcc

Contributor
DoBoy

So after being told that there app was once again rejected, was told the same as above post; re-submited.. about 8 days.. look for it early next week(oct 22). Now Nov 7th.. STILL no updated app on market. 

I have been trying to evaluate this product for 2 months now! What a joke!

Anyways finnaly gave up and going with GOOD Mobile or MobileIRON.. Much faster service and more polished product. They actually aseem to CARE about they're rep.  Very SAD to see RIM treat this software as a side project and not puttin its full efforts behind it.

Forums Advisor I
oliwer

I've seen a beta build of the client that works, so it's definitely Apple that is holding back the new version. I will not say that RIM should have better test the client bevor release, but holding back the new client for weeks now is also not a fine way by Apple.

Nevertheless I can understand your frustration, we are waiting for the new client as well and really need them for some customers...
Contributor
dcolpitts
My Device: Z10 & 9780

Apple rejected RIMs last two client updates (from what I was told last week), so don't blame RIM - blame Apple...

dcc

Contributor
DoBoy

Well seems other developers out there can submit apps that don;t get rejected twice in a row and are free of bugs.. More time on quality testing perhaps?

I'm just saying. you would think a company such as RIM would not be making Rookie mistakes and having the app rejected for poor programing
Forums Advisor I
oliwer

RIM could be blamed for the mistake, but the only change in the new client they submitted to Apple was the fix.
And Apple can reject the app as often and without a reason they want.
And thats what I blame Apple for :smileywink:

And you cannot compare other MDM companies with RIM from Apples point of view. RIM is in addition to an MDM vendor a device manufacturer and therefor a competitor (maybe not with the strongest marketshare, but they are there). Where the other MDM vendors are good for Apple cause they improve Apples devices for business use.
I cannot say that Apple is rejecting the client because of that situation, but we should keep that in mind when we play the finger pointing game.
Contributor
DoBoy

I agree there could be stalling on Apples Side. but unfortunately that reflects poorly on RIM and depreciates them on the MDM market as now all I can think is that every time there will be a app update it will probably take 2-3 times longer that other MDM providers. So why go with RIM?

And god forbid more bugs are found in this app when it finally gets cleared.

Too bad for me and RIM that the 2 months was too long to wait to test.