Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
Wolfgang_Bauer
My Device: BB 9700 + Playbook

Re: IT-Policy not working on iOS?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

verify the firewall rules. Normally there should an firewall rule which allows port 2195 and 2196 TCP outgoing to 17.0.0.0 /8 or gateway.push.apple.com and feedback.push.apple.com.

You can test it with telnet:

telnet gateway.push.apple.com 2195

telnet feedback.push.apple.com 2196

Additional the server must be accessible from outside via 443 and 8443 but this should work, because you could enroll the iOS device.

Please check the logs in the installation folder for errors.

Contributor
leigh28
My Device: did have a BlackBerry Storm 2

Is the iOs device on the latest firmware? The reason I ask, and this may not be related at all, is that we had an iPad on 4.3 (or something similar) that refused synch email despite having all the correct EAS settings puished to it. We updated the firmware and email started synching?

It was a surprising problem considering that iOS firmware was supposed to be supported for that feature.

Contributor
leigh28
My Device: did have a BlackBerry Storm 2

Hi

What is port 2196 required for? I was also under the impression that 8443 was only required internally for connecting to the console?

Trusted Contributor
hinojosa89
My Device: Not Specified

hi

The port 2196?? we read the installation guide and we don't find this port. 

But we opened it and we have the same problem, we can view the policy in the mobile fusion client but the it policy is not applied to the iphone. 

We are trying to find any error in the logs but we don't find anything, what can we do?? We are a litle disesperated

thanks

New Contributor
Wolfgang_Bauer
My Device: BB 9700 + Playbook

[ Edited ]

Hello,

sorry I mixed knowlege of multiple MDM systems

To me the firewall communication documentation in the UDS installation and configuration guide is **bleep** and the infrastructure pictures of the technical overview are different from the text below them.

2196 is not written in the documentation of fusion but I know it from other MDMs as a prerequisite, so I opend it in the firewall.

You need ssl for on the communication module as connection point for the devices from ouside (documentation: 443 from internet to communication module).

Most MDMs need a second ssl connection to fulfill the iOS enrollment process correctly: 8443 but UDS does not need it regarding the documentation.