Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Reply
New Contributor
willaien
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎06-30-2009
My Device: Not Specified

Install problems

I'll come right out and say it, the documentation for the 4.x installs was great - video for it and all. Still clumsy with more preparation than I feel is necessary, but, at least it walks you through it.

 

5.0, however, has been horrible.  I spent all day today trying to get this going.

 

First of all, on the non-exchange server, I couldn't even install it. It was a domain controller, set up all of the permissions, installed the MAPI client as per instructions. Wouldn't install.

 

So, I try installing it on the exchange server. As per suggestion during the install, I change the port number from 443 (which would conflict with OWA) to something else. In this case, 81.

 

Now the problems begin. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it several times with different options, to no avail: no matter what I did, the web interface just wouldn't come up.

 

I can do a netstat -an and if I just started the Blackberry Administration Service - Application Server, and then go into the server config, and hit OK. I wait a few seconds, and doing netstat -an will show something listening on port 81. If I try to connect, it never does, and eventually it will stop showing as listening. This error shows up in the logs:

 

 

(06/29 17:16:45:804):{main} [org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol] [INFO] Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-ARCOMSERVER2.ARCOMSYS.LOCAL%2F10.1.10.11-18180
(06/29 17:16:46:147):{main} [org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol] [INFO] Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-ARCOMSERVER2.ARCOMSYS.LOCAL%2F10.1.10.11-81
(06/29 17:16:46:147):{main} [org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina] [INFO] Initialization processed in 864 ms
(06/29 17:16:46:163):{main} [org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService] [INFO] Starting service jboss.web
(06/29 17:16:46:163):{main} [org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine] [INFO] Starting Servlet Engine: JBossWeb/2.0.0.GA_CP05
(06/29 17:16:46:225):{main} [org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina] [INFO] Server startup in 68 ms
(06/29 17:16:46:350):{main} [org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.TomcatDeployer] [INFO] deploy, ctxPath=/, warUrl=.../deploy/jboss-web.deployer/ROOT.war/
(06/29 17:16:47:085):{main} [org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.TomcatDeployer] [INFO] deploy, ctxPath=/jbossws, warUrl=.../deploy/jbossws.sar/jbossws-context.war/
(06/29 17:16:47:288):{main} [org.jboss.resource.deployment.RARDeployment] [INFO] Required license terms exist, view META-INF/ra.xml in .../deploy/jboss-ha-local-jdbc.rar
(06/29 17:16:47:350):{main} [org.jboss.resource.deployment.RARDeployment] [INFO] Required license terms exist, view META-INF/ra.xml in .../deploy/jboss-ha-xa-jdbc.rar
(06/29 17:16:47:382):{main} [org.jboss.resource.deployment.RARDeployment] [INFO] Required license terms exist, view META-INF/ra.xml in .../deploy/jboss-local-jdbc.rar
(06/29 17:16:47:413):{main} [org.jboss.resource.deployment.RARDeployment] [INFO] Required license terms exist, view META-INF/ra.xml in .../deploy/jboss-xa-jdbc.rar
(06/29 17:16:47:475):{main} [org.jboss.resource.deployment.RARDeployment] [INFO] Required license terms exist, view META-INF/ra.xml in .../deploy/jms-ra.rar
(06/29 17:16:47:678):{main} [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.ConnectionFactoryBindingService] [INFO] Bound ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:service=DataSourceBinding,name=BASDS' to JNDI name 'java:BASDS'
(06/29 17:16:48:788):{main} [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool] [WARN] Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null
org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host has failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect)

 

Backstory: I did manually generate a keystore file, because the logs indicated an issue there. Still no dice.

New Contributor
willaien
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎06-30-2009
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Install problems

*sigh* guess I'll relay the information:

 

That ended up being a SQL configuration error. I fixed it.

 

Then, it wouldn't look up against the LDAP.

 

Support had me install MR1.

 

Then, I still had issues, ended up being the LDAP password being stored in plain text. They hashed it.

 

Then I had to restart the services.

New Contributor
willaien
Posts: 3
Registered: ‎06-30-2009
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Install problems

Never could activate the first phone. Support told me to obtain and install blackberry professional instead.