Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
ab_bb
My Device: Iphone
My Carrier: Telekom Germany

Installing a new BES 10.2.3 Server as replacement for an existing one

[ Edited ]

Hello,

as nobody could help with the troubles of the existing BES 10 after the upgrade to 10.2.3 we decided to install a new one from scratch.

I have some questions about how to proceed. The exisiting server serves several Iphones. I only have an SRP identifier and serial number/activiation number for that server.

The new server, who will replace the existing one now requires the srp and activation number. I read that i cant use the same srp on both machines, as blackberry will deactivate it, not even for a short period of time.

so i see two possible ways: get a trial license for the new one and finish installing it, and then somehow change the srp for the old one.

or, turn off the old one and use the srp key right away and finish setting it up.

My goal is, that the new server is the only server and all the licenses on it. as i understand they are tied to the srp somehow.

Could anyone please tell me how to achieve that goal? Are my ideas wrong or the way to go?

Thank you in advance, and i hope that someone can help this time

Thank you and nice weekend

Alex

Edit: I am not trying to use one unlicensed or anything. Just that the BES runs the way like before the update, so we can finally use the Secure Workspace with the Iphones.

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
fermanagh
My Device: Z30

Re: Installing a new BES 10.2.3 Server as replacement for an existing one

Hi,

You can't use the same SRP on 2 different BES as the BlackBerry infrastructure will refuse the connections and disable access.

You can use a temp SRP on the new server. SRPs are also not tied to CALs.

Once you've deactivated the users, you can change the temp SRP to your production SRP from the old server. As long as there is not an active connection on your old server you will be good to go!

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ab_bb

Hello there,

thank you for the quick reply. where would i get a temporary srp and activation number? is it from the mentioned trial?

i would really only need it to finish installing and configuring the new one and then i would shut down the old server and use the old srp on the new one. the licenses should keep working, as they are in the blackberry account, right? as it is the same srp i wouldtn ahve to transfer them?

thx in advance

Alex

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

download a trial, the SRP wont expire only the CALs will

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ab_bb

Thank you, i shall do that. How do i proceed then? Can i just enter the SRp of the old server (turning him off beforehand) once the new one is running?

cheers

Alex

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

ab_bb wrote:

Thank you, i shall do that. How do i proceed then? Can i just enter the SRp of the old server (turning him off beforehand) once the new one is running?

cheers

Alex

you need to stop all services before installing the new one or you can install it as a stanby server then fail over to teh new one

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ab_bb

[ Edited ]

Hello Knottyrope,

thank you for the help. i have one more question:

i got the trial license and the UDS Console works fine now. if i use the new one as standby (how do i do that? the new server is already installed, from what i found is that i would have to select that option during installation) i wonder wether it keeps working. as the reason why i installed the blackberry from scratch is that the UDS Console didnt work anymore after the upgrade from 10.1 to 10.2. dont want to ruin the console again.

thank you in advance

Alex

Please use plain text.