Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
mallyaun
My Device: Blackberry Z10, stl100-1
My Carrier: Omantel
Accepted Solution

Issues while Setting up Z10 on active sync and also BES 10

[ Edited ]

I have been struggling to setup the Z10 on my corporate network for the last 3 weeks.

I have the folliwng setup

Exchange 2007 server on Windows 2003 R2.

My exchange is hosted on my internal network (not hosted externally) and I use a self signed Certificate.

I have tried the following

1.) I installed the BES 10 Server on windows server 2008. I configured the email profile and active directory settings, added the user and activated the  user on the Z10. the user was activated on the device and the work space created successfully. I set the device password and provided the email password, it gave me a message as regards my certificate, which i accepted by pressing "continue".  I could see the account on the Z10 and I could successfully compose an email on the Z10 by doing a lookup from the device. the message was sent and was also received by the receipient, i tried sending out an email outside my domain and the same was also delivered. I could see all the folders on the Z10 but the emails were not being synchronised with the device. 5 minutes later I got a notification on the device which said " your account is no longer synchronised with the device, check that your account settings are correct. if they are correct, contact your email service provider".  at this point in the accounts i find that this account is termed as "invalid account " on the device. No matter how many times i tried activating the device the same error occurred. I check the mail box on my echange thru EMC for "manage Mobile devices" for the user. I can see the device as

Device agent - BLANK

type - Blackberry

I even tried and whitelisted the Blackberry Z10 and the BB pin number for the user. still no luck.

2.) As the bes 10 was not working I tried to activate the device on a internal Wifi network directly through Exchange Active sync. The account was activated on the Z10 but the same problem occured as mentioned above, i can send any number of emails for about 5 minutes until i get the notification stating  " your account is no longer synchronised with the device, check that your account settings are correct. if they are correct, contact your email service provider".

3.) inorder to verify the same through a Playbook i tried to setup an active sync account on a BB playbook with OS 2.1.0.1526. the account was successfully setup after trusting the certificate and i can compose messages, do a look up of address, all folders are visible but NO EMAILS are being syncronised on the play book. I can send any number of messages to email ids on our internal network or even outside our domain and they reach successfully. however even after 2-3  days no error/notification is being being shown on the playbook.   However all emails being sent from the playbook remain in the outbook of the playbook with indication that it is being sent, however the emails are reaching the receipients as well. Now on the Mail box settings for the user on EMC i can see the manage mobile devices as

device agent -  RIM-playbook/ 2.1.0.1526

type - playbook

Play book is also not synchronising with the activesync, but shows no error message on the device.

However please note that I could successfully setup samsung android phone and Nokia E71 on my internal Wifi network by way of activesync and they work just fine, no problem what soever. so this means my activesync is configured properly and is working fine on my internal wifi network.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Hape
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone.de

Re: Issues while Setting up Z10 on active sync and also BES 10

Hi,

perhaps it is an issue with the ceritificates. You should (if you are using the Internal name of your EAS Server) push the Root Certificate to the devices. The certificate can be deployed automatically by the BDS.

BlackBerry Soulution topology->Blackberry Domain->Component view->BlackBerry Administration Service-> Network drive.

Important: The Besadmin account should have write-permissions to the path you are entering as network drive.

After adding the network path, BDS creates automatically a couple of folders. Also a folder called "certificates" in this folder you can put your Root certificate.

Then within the device activation this certificate will be pushed to the device automatically.

You can also configure a SCEP profile which also delivers certificates to the devices.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mallyaun

Hape,

I did follow your instructions and pushed the certificate to the Device

1.) i put my certificate (*.pfx format) in the shared drive > certificate folder.

2.) I connected the Z10 to my pC and then went to the USB Network id of the device and put the copy of the certificate (*.pfx format) in the cert folder there. Went to device > security and privacy > certificates and impoirted the same there. It asked me for the password for the certificate and then saved the same.

I again activated the Z10 on the bes10 server ------------- BUT NO LUCK  

in the device certificates i can see my certificate and is also shown as valid and trusted

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mallyaun

Finally Issue resolved, after almost an year of trying, issue got resolved after upgrading the BB Z10 Device software to 10.2.1. last week.

Now Z10 works on active Sync as well works fine on BES 10 server.

So basically the issue was with the Device software which got patched up.

Please use plain text.