Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
malikye
My Device: q10 ,z10,bold curve
My Carrier: bell
Accepted Solution

License service stops

Just upgraded fro BES10 Trial to BES10.1, had issues with upgrading licenses and noticed the BES10 Blackberry License Service had stopped.  The service account is set to my  BESADMIN service account . Was able to change account to Network Service and the service would stay up but when trying to activate licenses in the BB Management Studio the service would stop.   Checked permission for the Service Account and all appear to be correct , also tested by using telnet to license.blackberry.com through port 443 .  

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: License service stops

do you use a proxy?

might have to setup a by pass for it

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
firestorm
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone DE

[ Edited ]

We had the same Problem.

First deinstall 10.0.0.0 and make a clean fresh install of 10.1.
If you are using a VM you MUST have a serial Number  in the Bios.
To check your VM Installation (or your Hardware Server) try this:

If the virtual machine that hosts the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 administration consoles does not have a serial number in the BIOS, the BlackBerry Licensing Service does not start. (DT 7151134)

Workaround:

Perform the following actions:

1. To check the BIOS, open Windows PowerShell and run the command "Get-WmiObject Win32_BIOS".

2. If there is no value in the serial number field, recreate the virtual machine with a serial number in the BIOS

Last:
Make sure that you are using the 10.1 License-Cal-Activation ID  not 10.0 Licence the are not the same and the Windows 2008 Server is English, any other Language make "mysterious" failures.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
malikye
My Device: q10 ,z10,bold curve
My Carrier: bell

Thank you for the information, you saved me a post. Just had this resolved with Blackberry Support yesterday  using the same solution.

Please use plain text.