Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
BB-dave
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: t-mobile
Accepted Solution

Lotus Notes Traveler and UDS

[ Edited ]

Hello All,

is here someone with expirience about Universal Device Service and Lotus Notes Traveler?

I'm already able to push policies and profiles via UDS to the iPhone but it can't connect to the Traveler Server.

The Exchange Profile gets created, then the User has to add his traveler password but when it trys to connect it says "Account information cannot be verified".

A manually added Traveler profile works on the iPhone.

Are there any other requirements for Traveler and UDS?

Cheers,

Dave

Edit: It is working now... we changed nothing over the weekend... weird.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
daman0
My Device: iPhone 4S
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Lotus Notes Traveler and UDS

Sorry, I'm a bit slower overe here.  :-)  Just now getting up and running.  My iPad is activated, I'm pushing Profiles over and it's all just fine, but I'm having the exact same problem trying to get my Traveler profile to work, with the exact same error message.  As far as I know, I've set up the "ActiveSync" profile incorrectly or some stupid mistake but I sure can't figure out what's wrong.

Dave (good name!), do you have any insight as to what your problem might have been, or does anyone have any idea what I can try?  I haven't installed SP1 just yet; I'll try that tomorrow maybe, but I kinda have the feeling SP1 won't fix this...

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
daman0

SUCCESS!!!!

knew it was a stupid configuration setting I'd made somewhere, it just took me a while to find it.  Turns out I had the server address set incorrectly.  I assumed it was traveler.domain.com but in fact it was traveler.domain.com/servlet/traveler

Phew!!  So that's one BIG hurdle down.  Now I have to see if I can get it to work outside our intranet.  Fingers crossed, I might be back here soon.  :-)

Please use plain text.
Developer
Nallo
My Device: Bold 9900 7.1
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

Hello daman0,

Sorry, to bother after such a long time.

May I ask with which version of Traveler you were/are working? Afaik the newest version (8.5.3.3) does not need "/servlet/traveler", but only "traveler.mydomain.com", if using stand-alone. Is this different for use with UDS?

Thank you

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
daman0

Unfortunately I can't tell what version of Traveler we have.  I'm not the Notes admin and I don't have access to the servers.  I can tell you that it absolutely did not work without /servlet/traveler however.  I figured out that was the piece that was missing by looking at an existing install of traveler on a different ipad, and the profile had the address listed with /servlet/traveler at the end.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Nallo

Well, I guess I have to keep that in mind and find it out then.

Thank you either way!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
DigitalFrog
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Thank you Daman0 for that wonderful nugget of info.  The servlet/traveler suffix worked beautifully!  For the record, we are using Traveler 8.5.2 on Domino 8.5.2FP4

posted by DigitalFrog
DigitalFrog
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Nallo - it may have to do with how your Traveler server was configured.  Even in the 8.5.2 version, if you declare the Traveler page to be the default home page for your Traveler server, you don't have to use the /servlet/traveler when accessing it purely as a traveler server.  That automatic redirection though, does not seem to work for Fusion, and I had to declare it as part of the server address as Daman0 did before my email profile push would work.

posted by DigitalFrog
Nallo

Ah yes, you are right about the forwarding.

And that Fusion does not eat it is valuable info. Thank you very much!

Please use plain text.