Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

MDS Integration Service problem

HI!

I try to launch the full BES 5.0 and I have a problem with MDS Integration.

After logging on BlackBerry Administration Service, try to edit a module MDSS1 (Servers and Components->Blackberry Solution topology->Blackberry domain->Component view->MDS Integration Service->MDSS1).

After clicking on MDSS1, I received a message:

The MDS Integration Service is unavailable. The provided certificate information is incorrect.

Also trying to fire up your browser (BES server) the following address:

http://FQDN :7080

and I see blank website:robotsad:

Already I tried to use the mapping proxy (KB05509)

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05509&slic...

(?i:.*://hostname)(:7080)(/.*)*(\?.*)?

(?i:.*://hostname)(:8080)(/.*)*(\?.*)?

(?i:.*://fqdn)(:7080)(/.*)*(\?.*)?

(?i:.*://fqdn)(:8080)(/.*)*(\?.*)?

Unfortunately, this did not help.

I tried also to generate the certificate:

(from help)

You must create a key store to store the certificates that allow the BlackBerry® MDS Connection Service to accept HTTPS connections from push applications.

1. On the computer that hosts the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service, on the taskbar, click Start > Programs > BlackBerry Enterprise Server > BlackBerry Server Configuration.

2. On the Mobile Data Service tab, configure the key store information. Only one key store can exist. The file must be named webserver.keystore and it must be located at :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\MDS\webserver.

3. Click Create Keystore File.

4. If prompted to overwrite a key store, click Yes.

5. Click OK

To allow server-side push applications to open trusted HTTPS connections to a BlackBerry® MDS Connection Service and push application data and application updates to BlackBerry devices, you must add a certificate for the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service to the webserver.keystore file.

1. On the computer that hosts the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service, navigate to :\Program Files\Java\\bin.

2. At the command prompt, perform one of the following tasks: Task Steps Create a self-signed certificate for the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service and add it to the key store.

a. Type keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA -keystore webserver.keystore.

b. Type the required information.

c. To verify the information that you typed, type Yes. Add a publicly signed certificate to the key store.

d. Type keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias tomcat -file -keystore webserver.keystore.

e. Type the key store password. f. When prompted, click Yes.

3. Copy the key store file to :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\MDS\webserver.

You must export the certificate for the BlackBerry® MDS Connection Service to import it to the key store of a server-side push application.

1. On the computer that hosts the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service, navigate to :\Program Files\Java\\bin.

2. At the command prompt, type keytool -export -alias tomcat -file -keystore :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\MDS\webserver\webserver.keystore -storepass .

3. Type the key store password.

To allow a server-side push application to open trusted connections to the BlackBerry® MDS Connection Service, you must add the certificate for the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service to the key store of the push application.

2. At a command prompt, type keytool -import -trustcacerts -alias -file -keystore .

3. Type the key store password.

4. To add the certificate to the key store, at the prompt, type Yes. After you finish: If the certificate does not exist, import the certificate to :\Program Files\Java\\lib\security\cacerts.

Unfortunately, it did not help, if anyone has any idea what might be causing?

Maybe is possible reinstal just MDS Integration without disrupting the BES server?

Any ideas?

regards,

Martis

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Turkcell

Re: MDS Integration Service problem

I'm having the same problem, no one can help you?

BlackBerry Technical Advisor
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Bell

Re: MDS Integration Service problem

What if you try accessing:

https://fqdn:7443/mds-admin/services/Admin

In the BBAS-AS log are you seeing anything along the lines of:

Remote host closed connection during handshake

When you visit the above page, if anything comes up, does the certificate match the FQDN?  Did you install with a pool name?  Was it configured in DNS?

Lots of questions I know, but they'll help narrow the issue.