Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

JPK
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

MDS and Blackberry ID

Hello Eveyrone,

We have a BES 5.0.3 install which currently forces all internet traffic through MDS_CS. We then have a Webense Standalone install that filters the traffic (it is not setup as a proxy, it does tranparent Identification). This works great, users go to a restricted site and get a block page, etc.

We now want to allow users to download certian application from AppWorld, problem is when I launch AppWorld and go to sign in, it times out and says that you cannot login now please try again later.

I've looked at our websense logs and everything is allowed that is coming from the BES so I'm not sure why it's failing.

If I modify the IT Policy to allow the IBS browser, AppWorld works fine? I've tried setting it up so all traffic except appworld.blackberry.com and blackberryid.blackberry.com goes to the MDS_CS but I can't get that working either.

Any help would be appreciated!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: MDS and Blackberry ID

Have you checked out this KB article?

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB24693

You have to upgrade to at least MR6 + do changes in the rimpublic.properties file.

JPK
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeah, I'm at MR8. the problem is I'm not using a proxy server so I don't think this applies to be, my BES can access the internet, the websense server just intercepts the traffic on mirrored port? I'm not sure what to put in the hostname: port below?

application.handler.http.proxyUseDirectIfFailed = false
application.handler.tcp.proxyUseForDeviceTLS = true
application.handler.tcp.connection.proxy=hostname: port

Forums Advisor III

That would be your websense server.

If that doesn't work, see

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17855

JPK
Contributor

Thanks, but I don't think that is going to work for us either since that would be enabling the IBS broswer allowing people to bypass or websense server (internet filtering).

JPK
Contributor

I apologize, I looked at KB17855 again and it doesn't enable the IBS browser so I followed the Kb and presto AppWorld is working but users are still being filtered by websense when using the browser on the phone.

Thank-you very much sir!

Forums Advisor III

You are welcome. Glad you got it sorted.