Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Major Frustrations with 10.1.3 upgrade

Ingomar wrote:

delcid05 wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem, i have submitted the logs to the blackberry support team and the first attempt i did was not using the same account i used to install Bes 10.1.2. After that I switched to the blackberry account i got stock at the end of the installation with almost the same lines in the logs files submited on this thread. The support team think that the fact that i used the wrong account at the beginning has something to do with the faillure at the end of the installation,

this posting sounds like that if you used the "wrong" (not besadmin) account for the installation attempt once, all other attempts will fail (even with the "right" user):

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Service-10/upgrade-form-10-1-2-to-Black...

good catch, hope there will be a work around in the future as this happens often

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
delcid05
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: BELL

I will restore my DB and VM before the first attempt. if a succes i'll keep you informed!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
delcid05
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: BELL

Hello Guys,

After restoring DB and VM and read the entire Upgrade Guide i finally install 10.1.3 succesfully. Two things i did wrong at the beginning: 1- Did not use the besadmin account 2- did not stop the services mentionned on the upgrade guide. Hope this will help other with the same problems.

From the upgrade guide:

Upgrade BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
If BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 components are installed on separate computers, perform this task on the computer that hosts the core components first, and then upgrade the components on other computers (for example, standby instances of the core components or remote administration consoles).Before you begin: •
Verify that the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 service account has local administrator permissions on each computer.•
Before you upgrade the computer that hosts the core components, stop the following services on each computer that hosts the administration consoles:•
BES10 - BlackBerry Administration Service - Application Server•
BES10 - BlackBerry Administration Service - Native Code Container
You do not need to stop all BlackBerry Administration Service services in the domain when you repeat the upgrade steps on other computers.1.
Log in to the computer using the service account that runs the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 services.2.
In the BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 installation files, double-click setup.exe.
If a Windows message appears and requests permission for setup.exe to make changes to the computer, click Yes.3.
Click Next to start the upgrade process.4.
When the upgrade process completes, click Finish.

Please use plain text.