Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
mwaqaskhan
My Device: Z 10

Migration of BES

HI, 

We have an existing BES 5.0.3 running in Exchange environment with Microsoft SQL Express 2005 Edition, we are in process of moving this to a new hardware with BES 5.0.4 and Microsoft SQL Standard 2008 Edition. 

Can any one please provide me the best possible way to perform this smoothly. 

Looking forward to solutions from guru's accross the globe. 

Retired
MAD-VIKING
My Device: BlackBerry Z-10

Re: Migration of BES

Hello mwaqaskhan;

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question.

There are two main options for perform a “cut over” to new hardware and they are as follows;

1. A knife Edge Cut Over

This involves moving the BlackBerry 5.0.3 database to the new SQL server instance and installing the BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0.4 on the new server against that database.

This is discussed in more detail in KB03112.

1. Migrate BlackBerry Enterprise Server users with Transporter tool

Install the new BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0.4 with its new database on the new hardware and utilize the BlackBerry Transporter tool to migrate users. (this will require a BlackBerry Migration Kit)

How to migrate the BlackBerry Enterprise Server to new hardware using a second SRP

Although the above article speaks to BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 to 5.0, the process is essentially the same. The Upgrade guide for the BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0.4 also outlines the different upgrade paths that can be taken and the guides and documents can be found in the below link.

BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5

Let us know if you have any further questions regarding this specific request.

MAD-VIKING