Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
Kebnekajse
My Device: Bold 9780

Mobile Fusion Client & Transcoder

Hello,

I have a blackberry provided by my company. My Bold 9780 includes an additionnal ciphering via API transcoder on the BES and on my handset

i would like to connect my IPhone with BlackBerry Mobile Client. Does it work with transcoder on the BES ?

Or is there an API Transcoder on BlackBerry Mobile Fusion ?

Thanks

KEB

New Contributor
Kebnekajse

Re: Mobile Fusion Client & Transcoder

No answers ?
New Contributor
Kebnekajse

No I think i don't buy this solution ...

:No:

BlackBerry Technical Advisor
FaceMan
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Kebnekajse

I'll try to answer you question.

iOS and Android devices can only be activated on BlackBerry Universal Device Service. iOS and Android will not activate on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

Hope this answers your question.

Contributor
mvonkdahvo
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Vodafone

Fusion does not have a similar option. However, I think the question is why you want/need such a solution? The data send/received between an iOS client and Fusion and an iOS client and Exchange ActiveSync for email is very different from BES traffic and it does not flow through the RIM Relay / Infrastructure. Security wise, these are HTTPS/TLS sessions encrypted with SSL (Certificates).

New Contributor
Kebnekajse

Hi again,

I have understood that Mobile Fusion will manage UDS (for iOS/Android) & BDS (BB10 Os). this solution use the native crypto layer for communication (AES256) passtrough the RIM NOC.

is this solution (or BES10) will provide the same API to add a additional layer of security ?

Thanks

New Developer
geh_dirt
My Device: Bold (9650), Playbook, Z10
My Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

[ Edited ]

You shouldn't make your decision to go with Mobile Fusion, based on the responses (or lack of responses) of a community bulletin board.  We are mostly just administrators and users.

You should contact RIM, or whoever set up your special transcoder API tool, to find out how you will be able to accomplish the same thing with BES 10 and UDS.

Maybe something is getting lost in translation, but are you refering to the MDS services?  I understood that they are are still working on the method that will allow the UDS devices to use the MDS services.  This might be available with BES 10, but it is difficult to get a solid answer from RIM on this stuff.

Good Luck!

I love it when things don't work the way they are supposed to, because then I get to fix them.