Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Trusted Contributor
Hape
My Device: Z10

Mobile Fusion on Android and IOS

Hi there,

we are very interested on this RIM technology.

We currently running BES 5 productive on one server with more than 400 Users.

I am wondering if anyone can tell me if the usage of Adriod or IOS device are supported and running currently.

To be honest I did not understad how this technologiy exactly works.

Here I could find some details but they do not answer my questions:

http://us.blackberry.com/business/software/mobilefusion/

Will a special App needs to be installed on the non RIM/BB devices?

Can I wipe only BB App on my IOS and Android device? Or do I have to wipe the whole device?

Do I need a additional Server for the "Fusion Service" or can I let it run on the BES Server?

Would you recommend to install and connect the Fusion Service and connect it with the BES Production environement or does it make more sense to install a whole test environement?

Means new BES Server+Fusion.

Thanks in advance.

HaPe

Super Contributor
fermanagh
My Device: Z30

Re: Mobile Fusion on Android and IOS

Hi there,

You're not the only one that is confused but I've had a quick read through several articles here:

http://us.blackberry.com/business/software/mobilefusion/support.jsp

We are also looking at implementing this on our current BES environment in the near future...

From the Mobile studio documentation:

"You can install BlackBerry Mobile Fusion Studio on a separate computer or a computer that hosts one of the following products: • BlackBerry Device Service • BlackBerry Enterprise Server • BlackBerry Enterprise Server Express"

However, I am a little concerned that RIM have validated installing this on a BES as in my view this is similar to the BAS and requires alot of resources to run!

The goal of Mobile Fusion is to centralize everything and so it can also tie in to your existing BES environment. Mobile Fusion Studio also has it's own configuration database.

At the moment, there are only 2 services available:

BlackBerry Device Service - right now it only allows you to manage the Playbook OS 2.0 but will probably incorporate the upcoming BB10 devices as well

Mobile fusion Studio brings this component together with the upcoming UDS (Universal Device Service which will allow you to manage iOS and Android) due end of March.

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! :smileyhappy:
Trusted Contributor
Hape
My Device: Z10

Re: Mobile Fusion on Android and IOS

Thanks for your efort fermanagh,

hope that RIM realy can release the support of Android and IOS end of march.

Let's see what happens.

Regards