Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
matt_rhm
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Mobile Fusion will not connect to UDS

I have installed the UDS and can access it directly through the console using the administrator login set during the install process.

I have also installed Mobile Fusion and added the MDM of the UDS in order to link the two. Once this is complete, I am unable to log in to Mobile Fusion, and I get the following error in the logs:

2012-05-23 10:48:51.419 ForkJoinPool-1-worker-2 ERROR com.rim.fuse.server.bws.BWSDomain <<MDM NAME>> Caught WebServiceException while trying to execute 'getAuthenticators' on domain <<MDM NAME>> within 47ms
2012-05-23 10:48:51.419 ForkJoinPool-1-worker-2 ERROR com.rim.fuse.server.bws.BWSDomain <<MDM NAME>> Caught WebServiceException while trying to execute 'getEncodedUsername' on domain <<MDM NAME>> within 94ms
2012-05-23 10:48:51.419 ForkJoinPool-1-worker-2 WARN com.rim.fuse.server.bes.BESDomain <<MDM NAME>> Could not establish a connection to domain <<MDM NAME>>
2012-05-23 10:48:51.419 qtp24244617-28 ERROR com.rim.fuse.server.rx.FuseRXEngine$ Error occurred during aggregated login: No Domains accepted the credentials.

I also have BES Express installed on another server, and if I add this to Fusion I can log in fine, but obviously only seeing the BES MDM. I have made sure that I have linked the UDS to Active Directory, and set up the required administrator account to enable login.

One point to note is that when I first added the BES MDM into Fusion and tried to log in, I had the same error, however after leaving it 10 minutes I was able to login fine. I have left the UDS install overnight, however, and am still unable to log in.

Another note is a further error in the logs when trying to log in to the UDS through Fusion:

Caused by: org.apache.cxf.transport.http.HTTPException: HTTP response '404: Not Found' when communicating with https://192.168.5.11:8443/enterprise/admin/util/ws

This is the correct IP for the server, however that URL does not resolve in a browser either.

Any help much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
matt_rhm

Re: Mobile Fusion will not connect to UDS

Resolved through RIM technical support - the issue here was the ports. Make sure you specify default ports when adding the MDM within the Fusion setup.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Hape
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone.de

You can not use the same ports because these are already used by MF itself. So do I need to prepare an additional server?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
matt_rhm

[ Edited ]

We have Fusion and UDS running on the same server. The point at which I entered the wrong port was when I was adding the MDM domain into Fusion - the UDS port is 8082 and I was putting in 8443 which was the port used to access the UDS console within the web browser.

The port entered in the Domain URL must be the same as the examples they state below the input field, 443 for BES, 3443 for BES Express and 8082 for UDS

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Hape
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone.de

I just rerun the MF installation and add the UDS Domain with port 8082.

But the MDM Domain  UDS is still not existing in the list of available domains in Mobile Fusion Studio (top right corner).

I only can see BES. UDS is not shown.

Regards

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nuttyrat
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9860
My Carrier: TELUS

When you installed UDS, did you install the Communication Module?  I found out the hard way that the Communication Module MUST be installed in order for Mobile Fusion to connect to it.  Even if you place it in a DMZ, it has to be installed before Mobile Fusion can connect to it.

Please use plain text.