Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Modify ALX

Hello,

I have an existing application that has been added to the BES, a software configuration created, and everything is working fine deploying the app to my devices.  Because of compatibility issues, I have the ALX set up to only allow the software to be installed on the 8300|8800 series devices.

We now have a new Tour device and have discovered that it will work just fine with the software already built.  I'm trying to modify the ALX but this time I was trying to be a little more open to the devices it can load on by added a fileset section based on the blackberryVersion.

Since the software hasn't chaned, all I'm trying to do is modify the ALX on the share the software was loaded to by the BES.  The issue is it either isn't recognizing my changes to the ALX, or it isn't recognizing I've made a change at all.  When I assign the software config to the Tour, all it does is resend the IT Policy.  If I look at the device in the BAS console, it doesn't show the software has been "resolved" and is instead listed as "other" software.

Here is the existing fileset section before I made any changes:

<fileset series="8300|8800" Java="1.0">

<files>

</files>

</fileset>

Here are the changes I added:

<fileset _blackberryVersion="[4.2.1,)" Java="1.0">

<files>

... same as above

</files>

</fileset>

I also made sure the device.xml and vendor.xml have been updated to the latest version.

Any help our guidance would be appreciated.  Thanks.

fbwing