Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
chris1979
My Device: Not Specified

Move BES 5 from one server to another

HI,

i need to move my BES version 5 from one server to another .current configuration db is installed locally on the old server and will be also installed locally on the new server. i ve found the following instructions to do that:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/7315/Upgrading_BES_cutover_existing_BBConfigDB_4354...

however, i cannot understand what is the point of this

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/7315/Upgrade_BBConfigDB_585971_11.jsp

i need to do it in order to create a db according to the setup of the new server?

and then, during install i select 'Use existing db'?

can someone help me clarify this issue?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Move BES 5 from one server to another

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chris1979

thank you knottyrope,

i just have some questions:

-do i have to run CreateDB.exe BESMgmt.cfg to create the config db on new sql server? does this also copy the data?

-what about SRP and CALs? it mentions it the guide that you can use the ones from the server you are replcaing, is it correct?

note: remember that i wanna move users from one BES to the other so that downtime is minimal

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

chris1979 wrote:

thank you knottyrope,

i just have some questions:

-do i have to run CreateDB.exe BESMgmt.cfg to create the config db on new sql server? CORRECT does this also copy the data? NO thats why i posted SQL move instructions

-what about SRP and CALs? it mentions it the guide that you can use the ones from the server you are replcaing, is it correct? They are in the Database.

note: remember that i wanna move users from one BES to the other so that downtime is minimal

Only downtime is during the SQL move and then during the cutover.

If you do it well prepared might only take 30 min for SQL and whatever time it takes to install BES.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chris1979

thank you 

the name of the new BES has changed, do i have ti change it also somewhere in the DB?

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

The blackberry domain? Or the windows server name?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chris1979

windows server name only

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

That should not matter except for getting into BAS.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chris1979

so, i guess i go into blackberry server configuration and change it in Pool name?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
chris1979

all went well, apart form the fact that now users using blackberry borwser as default browser cannot access internet. internet browser works ok. i ve tried taking off battery, service books etc, no luck. any suggestion?

Please use plain text.