Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
jtreloar
My Device: Not Specified

Multiple BAS Servers

Hi,

I have BES 5 MR2 in a Domino environment and am trying to get multiple BAS servers to work. However if I have more than one server running the BAS, they all stop working. Once I stop all but one, the one left running returns to a working state.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Thanks

New Contributor
ccal12

Re: Multiple BAS Servers

Here is the KB article that the technician I talked with referenced as he walked me through changing the protocol type on our BAS servers. 

KB17902 - Changing BlackBerry Administration Service High Availability Communication Protocol From UDP to TCP

Hope this information is helpful.

Thanks,

Chris

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Here is the link

Changing BlackBerry Administration Service High Availability Communication Protocol From UDP to TCP

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17902

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
jtreloar

Thanks Both for your replies. The technote seems to have gotten me some of the way there. I can now have multiple instances of the BAS running without affecting the first one (the one that works) however when I connect to one of the others I've started, I am prompted with the SSL certificate error saying it's not signed, no worries. After I accept that, after a period of time, I get a blank browser window although the Title on the browser is the Blackberry Administration Service so it's connected and got some data back.

I have noticed that I get the following text just before the service reports as started in the BAS log.

(09/22 14:23:09:154):{main} [com.rim.bes.bas.singletondeploymentbarrier.SingletonDeploymentBarrierNotificationService] [INFO] [BBAS-1011] {unknown} start CLUSTER:   singleton deployment barrier is not deploying

I also get this Java exception error reported every time I try and connect.

org.apache.hivemind.ApplicationRuntimeException: subPageInit getOrganizationBrandingSessionCommand failed

I did find some postings talking about other things running on the same port but this is not the case. The servers do have two NICs however the binding order is correct and the server that works also has two NICs.

If I'm not using round robin DNS, I am assuming that I can just connect to the server name irrespective of what the admin pool is called ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jonathan

Regular Contributor
Shamrock

I am having a similar issue with multiple BAS servers, except mine are sitting behind a hardware load balancer.  RIM has had me reconfigured both the cluster.service and object versioning files over and over and over again.  My BAS cluster is still not working correctly.  If I startup just 1 node everything works great.  As soon as I bring up the 2nd node I can still get to the webpage, however I get an "application has encountered a system error."  I then terminate the services on either node, and as is well again.  I'm somewhat convinced that they're clustering just doesn't work very well, and thus far they have yet to provide me with a solution.
New Contributor
carmichj

Very similar problems here.  Regularly having restart BAS Services one at a time across 3 BESs.  RIM recommend wait 7-10 minutes between starting each BAS to allow the "Singleton" HA configuration to sort itself out.   Considering how smooth the BES HA failover is - the BAS HA is lagging way behind.

So if you have BES HA enabled, is there a way to have BAS non-HA'ed?

ie. We don't want HA on BAS.

We are happy to run BAS on all 3 BES servers individually and launch the URL of the one we want to connect to, manually from our browser, no BAS failover required.

Thanks