Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Need Help - Infrastructure and Status Notifications

I have an advantage support contact with RIM and I have an account on the BB Expert Support Center.  It lists that I am eligible for Infrastructure and Status notifications but I cant figure out how to enroll in this.  Customer Service referred me to my sales agent, my sales agent referred me to the web.  Does anyone here get outage notifications and if so, how did you enroll in this service?   My boss was not happy that he had to hear about this weeks BB outage on the morning news and I was not happy that I had to hear about it from him.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Robert

Solutions: 6,152
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Need Help - Infrastructure and Status Notifications

If I recall correctly, tier 3 and higher support receives notfications.

So, none of your users first notified you they weren't receving email and such before your boss told you?

It was posted all over this forum and many others for hours before the media started reporting it.

Also, you might want to subscribe the www.dataoutages.com mail list for user notifications for matters such as this, it can be quite helpful and you'll get outage news there way before anywhere else.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Need Help - Infrastructure and Status Notifications

Nope... Did not get a single call to our helpdesk.

I'll check out www.dataoutages.com.  Thanks for the tip.