Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
qster
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810

Need help with Activating new licenses

I keep getting the following error:

"The entered license key is invalid. Please contact support to receive additional license information."

I traded up my BES 5 licenses for BES 10 licenses, and completed the whole process.  I logged in the the Blackberry Account Center and found the new licenses in the Enterprise License Management section, I clicked on the license and use the "Activation ID" code to enter into my BES10 license key but kept getting the above error.  Did I miss any step?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Nallo
My Device: Bold 9900 7.1

Re: Need help with Activating new licenses

Hello,

Without having any more information I'd guess you also fell for the confusing wording in this dialog.

You shouldn't enter the "CAL ID" for License ID, but the "CAL Authentication Key".

If that does not help, you should check your connection to the Licensing Infrastructor. To check switch die Licensing Settings and click "Poll Now".

Last but not least, did you install BES 10 oder BES 10.1? As I understand it, traded licenses are for BES 10 and need to be upgraded for 10.1: https://enterprise.ecomm.webapps.blackberry.com/calupgrade/home.do

Good luck,

Nallo

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
qster
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810

Thanks for your reply.

- The line item details screen only has Activation ID, there's no "CAL Authentication Key", I'm wondering if this is the license or not, it's showing Entitlement ID at the top, and showing Part Number SPA-54832-002 with description: Trade-Up to BES10 EMM Corportate for BlackBerry v10.1 - Interim CAL

- "check your connection to the Licensing Infrastructor. To check switch die Licensing Settings and click "Poll Now":  can you clarify how to get to the "Licensing Settings" and click Poll Now?  I can't find it on the BB Administration Service utility.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Nallo
My Device: Bold 9900 7.1

Hello,

The CAL ID has a format like C1234567890 (10 cyphers)

The CAL Authentication Key looks like abcde-abcde-abcde-abcde-abcde

(Not to confuse with SRP Authentication Key which looks similarly)

I am using the Management Studio to check the Licensing Infrastructure. In the BlackBerry Management Studio you have a Section "Licensing". If you click on it, it will show you your licensing and connections status. This section has a second page "Licensing Settings", where you can test the connection (which is internally) and "Poll Now" which checks with the BlackBerry Licensing Server. Try both and report the results.

Good luck,

Nallo

Please use plain text.