Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

My Device: Not Specified

Need to clear messages from BB, issue is with POP3, Exchange & Goldmine

This is my very first post -- so forgive my fumbling

This is what I know/have narrow down on this issue

We have a BES server and the vast majority of the users have not issues with older emails falling off their devices. However, we have a small number of our sales team (and the number will get larger) that are using Goldmine for their email client. So, email passes through Exchange 03, goes to BB devices via BES, and then Pulled off Exchange via POP3 when Goldmine is opened.

The issue is that because emails are not part of the users Outlook client (they never open Outlook anymore) they are not getting the same sync functionality -- emails to not get marked as read on the BB devices and they are not falling off. I have one user with 12,000+ emails on his BB Curve. This user is set to keep emails for 15 days -- but emails go back as far as Oct '08 -- when he went full time on Goldmine.

On a guess, I tried resending the service book and reactivating his email acct (didn't delete anything -- don't know how, without a master reset). The users would be fine it I could delete things, and have it reset, so that only the last few days came in, so if that is the fix I have do use every few months, I will. But if there is another thought to just fix, that would be even better.

Thanks

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Need to clear messages from BB, issue is with POP3, Exchange & Goldmine

[ Edited ]

I'm not too familiar with Goldmine, but from the sounds of things, it seems like the messages are being removed from the Exchange mailbox. If that's the case, you may want to consider enabling Hard Delete reconciliation. This will essentially delete any messages from the device if they are not found in the mailbox. This article might be helpful:

How to enable hard deletes on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB04853

Oh and the users can also use the "Delete Prior" option on the devices by highlighting a date and pressing the menu key.

Message Edited by CerealBypass on 07-22-2009 12:29 PM