Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
simonmoulder
My Device: Bold - 9900
My Carrier: Swisscom
Accepted Solution

New Active Directory / New Exchange / New BES?

Hello All, I'm trying to clarify the following setup and our mirgration for BES.

Current Setup - Exchange 2003 / BES 5.0 / AD 2003

We are migrating the entire enviornment to a new AD / Exchange 2010 etc.

I would like to know whether I will need to rebuild a new BES 5.0 server in the new AD, or if I can migrate the BES mailbox to the new Exchange server and move the BES server to the new AD?

Regards

Simon

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: New Active Directory / New Exchange / New BES?

[ Edited ]

Multiple AD forests should be ok as long as

1) There is a two way trust between them
2) They are all within the same Exchange organization

if you are making a new Exhcange org, you have to backup device, wipe, restore, activate on new BES

or pay for BNator to move them

http://www.isec7.com/en/products/mdm/functions-bnator/bnator-migration-toolkit

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
simonmoulder
My Device: Bold - 9900
My Carrier: Swisscom

Hello Knottyrope, just to follow up on this migration step.

We will be creating a new exchange organisation, so a rebuild of the handhelds will be required.

During the exchange migration we are only going to migrate the mailbox to the new active directory so affectly run an exchange resource forest, the accounts in the new forest will be linked mailboxes.

Eventually we will migrate all the user accounts to the new Forest and decomission the old Forest.

I'm struggeling to find the solution during this transition phase - if I move the mailbox to the new forest the BES server will loose sight of the mailbox (we have a 2 way trust in place). I found an article about installing Bes Express in the new AD but this is very short.

Have you come across a solution to this before?

Regards

Simon

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

going to a new exchange org requires a wipe to remove encryption keys from device

backup with desktop manager, wipe, restore and activate on new BES server is what you can do with out bnator

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.