Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
Aermak
My Device: 9790
Accepted Solution

New BES, old SRP license - help!

So i've got an old BES with my only SRP license runnning with about 150 users.

I've also got a new BES 5.0.4 runnning along with standby one using a 90 day SRP license.

I've used the transporter tool to migrate a couple of users and everything works fine. Now i want to move everyone else including the licenses.

My question, how and what's the safest way to move the SRP license? The temp one only allows 20 users.

Regards.

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: New BES, old SRP license - help!

Contributor
Aermak

Thanks, always good to know.

My issue is, as soon as i move the license, what happens to the old BES? I can't move anyone before i copy the SRP license accross. The SRP license on the New BES only allows 20 users. What am i missing?

Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you can do a bulk move with transporter with old BES not running

To keep both running you need a Migration kit from T support or use BES express in the middle which requires 2 transporter moves

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
Aermak

How do i get the Migration Kit?
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

Aermak wrote:
How do i get the Migration Kit?

call T support (if you paid for it) and request one.

if not on t support, install BES express 5 ( free ) and use it as a middle man in the move with transporter

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor
Aermak

Got it, now what's the best way to do this without downtime for the users?

Can i just change the srp on the old BES to the one i got from the migration kit then copy the srp used on the old one to the new BES? No downtime or 4h wait? What happens to the BBs, new activation or they won't even notice it?
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

you use the SRP from migration kit on teh new BES and teh old BES SRP will become invalid after 60 or 90 days

install new BES and test

set it up all on its own and once tested and running, use transporter to move users over which will not require any activation

Here is most of the documentation you need will to install and administer the BB 5.0 server:

Server 5.0 Upgrade Paths:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/server/upgradepath.jsp

Server 5.0 Intsallation Support:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/serverinstall.jsp

Server 5.0 Upgarde guide:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/7315/index.jsp?name=BlackBerry%20Enterprise%20Serve...=

BlackBerry Enterprise Server Resource Kit Docs and Files

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=D736BB10D83A904AEFC1D6CE93DC54B8

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/subcategories/?userType=2&category=BlackBerry%20Enterprise%20Ser...

Server 5.0 Admin Tutorial:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/7466/flash_start.html

All Server guides:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/?userType=2

<p

Contributor
Aermak

Currently migrating batches of 10 users per day and all looks well.

Had to figure out the cals myself since the documentation is not very clear after the srp migraton. But so far so good! Thanks!
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

in case some one else needs the info for CALs

Click on BlackBerry Domain on the left pane.
Then in the right pane, select the 'Global' tab, expand 'Account', and choose 'License Management'.
You should see:
License Total:
Used:
Free:

or

From command-line, you can do the following:

bcp "select LicenseKey from BESMgmt.dbo.LicenseKeys where type = 0" queryout c:\licensekeys.txt -c -T -R -E -Sdbservername

That will export all installed license keys to the text file specified in the command. Just be sure to change dbservername to your SQL/MSDE server. This needs to be run from a server/machine that has bcp.exe installed, though (installed by default with SQL and MSDE installations).