Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
jfinger
My Device: Tour 9630 and Playbook

New e-mail folders not syncing to Exchange

I have a user in a remote office that recently purchased a 9370 with v7.x device software.  I guess this version now has an option to create a mail folder on the device.  She has done this and moved messages to these folders, but they do not show up in her Exchange mailbox.  My BES is on v5.0.3.31.  Is this a feature added in a newer maintenance release or service pack 4 or am I just not configured to handle this type of sync to Exchange?  If i don't have something configured properly, where should I be looking?  If it is a matter of getting to SP 4, are there any "gotchas" in applying this update?

Joel

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: New e-mail folders not syncing to Exchange

I am on BES 5 SP3 MR8 and it ill create the folder on Exchange 2003 SP2 with my 9860 on OS 7.1.0.714.

not sure where the issue lies for you, check the sync logs for any info

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Also look in event veiwer to seef if any errors or warnings pertain to your issue

Please post back the log info minus personal info

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jfinger

Not seeing anything jump out at me in the logs or event log.  Anything particular item I would be seeing?

Also, I'm reviewing the BESAdmin permissions in my Exchange/AD environment.  I do have the recommended permissions, but I'm wondering if this is enough for subfolder creation.  Almost seems like "Create children" should be assigned, but maybe I don't understand what this does.  I don't know what the Administer Information Store does for the besadmin account either. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jfinger

Probably not that.  I can log into a computer as besadmin, open Outlook as the end user and create a folder. 

The device software is v7.0.0.374.  A collegue of mine says there is an update for the Curve, but it won't pull it down wirelessly.  I don't know what info that person knows about the device software (she's on vacation).  I guess I'll see if I can connect with the user and do an over the wire update.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jfinger

Well, I upgraded the device to v7.1, and now when she creates folders on the device, they sync to Exchange.  I'm not sure how to get the folders from the device to Exchange that were created prior to the update. 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

move items out of the folder and them delete the folder and make a new one

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.