Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
mystics7
My Device: Not Specified

No Send As permission BES5

I just finished installing BES 5 on a Windows Server 2008 Standard machine. I first tried to add an new user and activating the user on a 8330, but it failed. I noticed the activation email was not reaching the inbox of the user. Just a little back ground. I currently have bes 4.1.6 running on another server and that is working 100% all users are able to send and receive email. I'm using the same besadmin account. I'm using a trial SRP id for BES5. I ran the IENSTest and everything is successfully except the sendas as permission. I've double check all my permission on the local machine and in AD/Exchange and the proper send as are present. Can any one shed some light onto why this is happening, and it does fail on all users.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: No Send As permission BES5

Read over the permissions

KB02276 - Assigning permissions for a BlackBerry Enterprise Server service account

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mystics7

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your reply and help, but this was all correct and still unable to activate or get the IENSTest to complete 100%. also i didnt mention earlier that this is on sql2005 express (local)

Please use plain text.
Retired
CerealBypass
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360

If the AD Send As permission is missing, you should still be able to activate a device. This might actually be two separate issues.

I would say worry about getting the device activated first, then take care of the Send As issue.

The fact that the activation message isn't reaching the inbox would be the primary concern. If the user is not on the server and you attempt to perform an activation, do you see the message arrive in the inbox?

mystics7

No, I'm not seeing that message arrive in the inbox for that user, or an other user that i try to activate

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mystics7

Ok i just tried again with a different user and yes i do see the email reach the inbox waiting to see if phone will activate but it seems that it still will not the data arrows have stoped and it only shows activating user@domain.com...

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I would look at the dataplan also. You can check it with this.

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

Then use the Enterprise Activation Readiness tool.

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
Retired
CerealBypass
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360

Ok so the message is being delivered to the mailbox. Next question. Is it sitting there or is it eventually getting picked up?

If it's just sitting there, has it been modified in any way? Was there a tag added to the subject or messages by a spam filter or AV software? Is the attachment still on the message?

mystics7

[ Edited ]

I spoke to sprint and the data on the plan is setup correctly. I am able access the web trough the device and the email is sent to the users inbox for about a second and disappears on it's own. From what I can see the message is not altered in any way and yes the attachment is still in the message

I know I mentioned in my OP but is it possible that my instance of BES 4 on the other server is interfering with the activation?

i just added the user to my bes 4 server with out any problems. I then deleted the user and made sure to delete the info from the mailbox. I then tried again to activate on my BES 5 server and and the message stayed in the inbox for about 15 seconds. the message was not altered in any way and the attachment was present. But still unable to activate on BES 5

Please use plain text.